Thread: Traction Bars

Traction Bars

Anyone have advice on what traction bars are best for the Falcons. I would like to purchase some but there are so many different brands and types??? Traction with good appearance are what I am after. Larry

Traction bars

It depends on what you plan to do with the car. If you are going to race it some. I would by a pair of Caltracks. They bolt on. I have ladder bars on my falcon. If they would have had Caltracks when I built my car I would have got them. Hope this helps,Wayne

Traction Bars

Thanks Wayne. It helps a lot. I intend to race it a little just to see what it can do. The engine hasn't been run yet but according to DSS Racing where the short block is from, my engine should give 475-525 rear wheel horse power. I will get it dyno'd and then take it to the track. I looked at the web site for the bars you mention and I like what I see. Thanks Larry

Traction Bars

If anyone is interested the cost for the Cal Tracs is $339.00 plus shipping. I did a google search for "Cal Trac Type Traction Bar Plans" and came up with some very good plans for building the same "type" (key word) bar system. The guy did a real good job on the plans and says they cost him less than $100 to build. He also states that these are not for serious racing but work great for his street rod. If you are going to seriously race he suggests buying the Cal Tracs. If you google the above search it takes you to Hotrodders.com and if you scroll down to "Frisco" input on the subject you can access his photo album where he gives the plans on pages 7 & 8. Larry

I'm running the Lakewood Street and Strip Traction bars on my '68 and have been pretty happy. I beefed up the rear leaf's anyways, but they really did help eliminate any hop at the track. Cost is pretty good too.

Traction Bars

Thanks. I did look at those. I believe my intentions are now to build a set according to the plans on the listed web site. I like doing that stuff anyway and they look very simple. It won't be done soon though since painting is my priority for now. If I do build them I will post the final product. Thanks again for the info. Larry