Something I have fantasized about doing for a long time seems to be coming to pass...
As I have told a few of you already, I purchased a wrecked six-cylinder '67 Mustang a while back, at a co-worker's urging and with his help, and now possess the 200 I6 and TWO C4 transmissions (the guy had a spare!) as well as some other bits and pieces from it. I've commissioned a friend/retired ex-co-worker/master mechanic/hot rodder to build the engine. We have torn down the engine, and have been cleaning it up in preparation for a rebuild.
I am not a pure-restoration kind of guy. I, like my friend, am a hot-rodder at heart. The rebuild is NOT going to be stock! I am going to buy a Classic Inlines aluminum head and build the engine up with hot cam, headers, and a 4-barrel carb. I've established the Dynamic Compression Ratio (what a learning experience that was!) and have ordered the short block rebuild kit. We should be starting on the short block rebuild very soon. I have also sent in the order for most of the rest of the stuff (head, manifold, cam, lifters, rocker assembly, push rods, etc.) but have not sent money due to a delay in establishing shipping costs. I'm hoping this engine will be finished before my friend migrates to Arizona for the winter...
One thing my friend may not be able to help with much is the installation. He's restoring a '68 Vette in his shop also, and there is no room to move another car in. I don't know, but might this be another opportunity for a Tech Day?