Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Work

Wow! Looks like you are making good progress. Cant wait to see the finished bird.
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Bad news guys. The trunk is trash. I can't go into great detail but there was a problem during the media blasting that wasn't noticed until the epoxy primer was applied. Anyway, I need to find a new trunk lid and start over.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I have one that had a little damage to the area by the trunk lock (wasnt bad) but some one drilled about 4 holes and pilled the dent. Thea holes need to be welded but its a pretty good deck. Al

Al,

Can you send me a photo?
    Patrick Brown

More bad news. The hood is also warped. I was able to get a replacement trunk and hood from Jake today. I'll drop them off at Elliot's shop in the morning and do this thing all over again.
    Patrick Brown

Patrick,

Was the warpage due to the sand blasting? I'm curious what your problem was since I now have a couple of fenders to finally rework.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Was the warpage due to the sand blasting?
    Yes it was. They did a good job with the fenders. I don't know who the shop was. They were a sub to Elliot.
    Patrick Brown

Fenders, due to the compound curves, can handle a lot of abuse, but flat panels are another story. They heat up and work harden to such a degree that it's very easy for these to just move all over the place, as I guess was the case here. You have to be very gentle and have a very light touch. Anyway, thanks for clueing us in on what not to do.

I've been going to contact a company in Canada about their process. This is their site:

http://gemblasting.com/index.php
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"