Thread: I have a problem Houston

I have a problem Houston

I was trying to pull the electrical connector off my windshield wiper switch and the back of the switch came off instead. Have any of you put one of these things back together before. I have some parts but I am not sure I have all them since the thing flew out of my hand and parts scattered. I am attaching a picture of the parts. Or, do you know where to get a new one. I didn't see any in Auto Krafters, Dennis Carpenter or Falcon Enterprises, Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you tried Rockauto? Is that a single speed wiper switch? If so, I replaced mine with a 2 speed w/intermittent, and still have the old switch, it's yours for postage.

Troy
    The pain is only temporary

Not to step on any toes, but if Larry doesn't want your switch I would be interested. Need one for my 63 Ranchero and can't find all the stuff to do the intermittent swap over here in Sequim. Let me know if he don't take you up on your offer and I will. Thanks Steve.

I have a problem Houston

I may need the part but I am hoping someone knows how they go back together. My switch looks like it is in good shape but I can't figure out how the parts go. If you still have your old one. Can you take it apart and picture the guts of the thing. Then you can take the other one. Thanks very much. Larry

I have a problem Houston

Troy, would you mail the switch to me. I will send you payment over and above the cost of the mailing. Thanks Larry I am sending you a private message with my address. Thanks again.

I will get it in the mail Monday morning.

Steve,
    I am sending the switch to Larry as I offered it to him first. What parts are you not able to get for the intermittent swap? I picked up all the required parts at the local pick n pull here, however, the switch turned out to be bad. So, on a whim I went to NAPA and was able to get a new switch. I believe it was for a 79 Bronco. $23, more expensive than the used part, but guaranteed to work. I will be heading back to the pick n pull some time next week, I could look for a 2 speed motor and intermittent module if you want me to. Just let me know.
    Troy

Larry -- All the parts appear to be there. From the looks of it I can fix that switch for the next needy person.

Also, ran across a '65 headlight switch going through the stuff today -- if you want to upgrade to it.

I didn't hear back from you, so hopefully the parts you wanted to get rid of at the swap meet were not too significant. I'll be driving by your place at 6AM, so if you want me to swing by, let me know and I can do it on the way there.

But who wants to wake up at 6AM on a Saturday....
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; May 14th, 2010 at 09:18 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"