Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 64-65 Parts Car

Fine be that way.. Here are some more.
    I looked at the fresh air box, so it will come out. I will try and pull all the wiring for you in case some one comes for parts. I don't want them to get what we need. Lots of calls so hopefully I can replenish the delivery account with a infusion of cash.
    Air cleaner is weird, it has no air inlet tube??? I guess it just sucks it up from around the can?

Sorry that last one is what I wish I would find under one of these hoods!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Didn't notice anybody ask, what shape are the taillight lenses in?
    The pain is only temporary

Ho-oly crappola! And I thought my knees were aching. Somebody had to have not been feeling too good after that. Thank you Jeff for suggesting the cut-a-hole-in-the-package-tray for the 3-point belts! I seriously doubt the driver was wearing any.

No backup lights - oh well. But the bumper doesn't look too bad for someone, or most of the other trim. Definitely pull all that dash trim too.

All in all I think you'll do OK on this as a parts car.

Let me know if it's got to go sooner than later and I'll try to get over there and grab some stuff.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Probably start to pull stuff Sunday. Got a guy after the fenders, another wants the front seat and steering stuff.
    Got a call from the guy who gave me the car and apparently he has a whole front clip that goes with it. He just couldn't haul it up here by himself?? Sounds like more parts. I don't think this one is even worth saving looks like the whole body of the car buckled a bit.
    The tail light lenses are there and intact but scratchy and dirty.

Well - if the guy gets the steering stuff save the column with the wiring - if possible.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Boy - the more I look at this picture I'm beginning to wonder if this would work with a 6-cylinder air-cleaner at all. I was going to get one of these, but I'm not sure now. Patrick, if you are reading this, what do you think?

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...6&d=1308151216
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

So then I take it nobody else has done the export brace with a 6 cylinder car before? Patrick, you are the only person I know with one, so hopefully, just by looking, you can say whether it would work. I either need to order it or do what I was planning in the first place.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Are you going to put a shiny chrome one on? Or just that style with the 6 cylinder. Do you think it will interfere with a stock type air cleaner??
    I say bling that engine area out. chrome makes it go faster too!!!!

I'm not sure about the brace with the L6. Maybe I can get my car parked next to Kenny's this weekend and see. We should be able to tell by looking at them side by side.

The brace is only $80 in black. The chrome will cost you an extra $466 at Art Brass Plating.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown View Post
    I'm not sure about the brace with the L6. Maybe I can get my car parked next to Kenny's this weekend and see. We should be able to tell by looking at them side by side.

The brace is only $80 in black. The chrome will cost you an extra $466 at Art Brass Plating.
    Thanks - I would really appreciate that.

I almost went ahead and ordered [a black] one today, but decided to wait and see if anybody could check. I can still build something of my own, but I'm getting rather burned out on the building stuff part.

Jeff came by and grabbed the carb from me today, so maybe have him call me after he has news on that -- if you know by then.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"