After doing much research on the net to find out what the difference is in turns lock to lock with the Cobraautomotive "Shelby Quick Steer Kit" is, I found NOTHING.

Sure, everybody had something to say the steering effort, but nobody got to the "meat and potatoes" about whether there was a noticeable improvement in the steering response, which is the whole purpose of the kit.

So I'm here to tell ya', YES, THERE IS A DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT in my '64 Falcon's steering response!

I did not measure turns lock to lock for reasons I won't go into but I intend to at a later date. What I did notice is that the steering is unmistakably quicker, the response sharper, and I can't wait till I have the proper tires on it and have an alignment done and I can really drive the car the way it's meant to be driven.

For the record, I swapped Granada disk brakes onto my '64 Falcon, and then I swapped over to the '65 V8 Falcon MANUAL STEERING set up.

Steering box is the 1 INCH sector shaft steering box for five turns lock to lock, this is the box from the later '64 Falcons or the entire year of '65 Falcons, this kit only works with this box, not sure if they make a kit for the larger diameter sector shaft used on earlier Falcons.

In case some don't know, Ford changed the steering set up on V8 Falcons around June or July of 1964 to a completely different set up. The '63 and early '64 Falcon V8 cars used one type of set up and steering box with a 1-1/8th inch sector shaft, and the later '64 and entire year of '65 Falcons used the box with the 1 inch sector shaft that served both six and eight cylinder Falcons.

I have a steering box out of a '65 inline six Falcon mated to my V8 steering gear, and my quick steer pitman arm is bolted to that box, for the record.

I drove the no faster than 30 mph today, and the steering, while not "fast" is definitely improved.

NOWHERE on the internet could I find this information. The only thing everybody wanted to know was whether the steering effort was greater. That was the last thing on my mind, what I wanted was BETTER STEERING, and I definitely got that.

Everything is new, so you know, new inner and outer tie rods, lower and upper ball joints, new center link, new idler arm, new pitman arm. I bought the center link, and all tie rods from Falconparts in California, I'm happy with the parts, they look like quality parts.

Having new components improves steering over an old worn out and sloppy steering set up, and the Shelby Quick Steer Kit from Cobraautomotive is a nice leap forward in improved steering.

I forgot what the cost was, I ordered the parts with some other stuff, but it's not much more than the standard pitman and idler.

Anyway, that's my little review and now FINALLY here it is in print, that the steering response is much better. That's a qualitative statement, I hope to add a quantitative statement later and tell you how many turns lock to lock works out to be.