Thread: 1963 Windshield (tinted?)

1963 Windshield (tinted?)

Hi-
    Might anyone have a '63 (tinted?) windshield for my Futura Convertible? Perhaps from a car that is being parted out or, unfortunately, was totaled?
    Side Note: My family had a mint '66 Mustang all original (original owner, etc) that was totaled in 1978 (July 4...I still remember it). The car had factory air, tinted windshield, etc, etc. We were fortunate enough to have space to store it, so my dad bought it back from the insurance company. Parts found their way into three other Mustangs we owned over the years...and many more, via friends.
    The windshield from that '66 eventually ended up in my '65 shown below. Both were great vehicles - from another chapter of my life!

If you have a suitable windshield, kindly contact me at:

63FordFutura[at]comcast[dot]net

Thank you,
    -Lawrence
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lawrence Leake
    1963 Futura
    Queen Anne, Seattle
    >>Rangoon Red w/ White top & Black interior (in the works)

Hi Lawrence,

If you don't find a used one I'm pretty sure you can still get them new for under $200. I put a new seal on mine but reused my glass. Maybe someone else might have experience with a local supplier. I think Patrick had a new one installed in his `62.

Some of the Falcon parts dealers probably sell them if you don't mind having it shipped.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Pretty sure 63 to 65 convertible and hardtop are the same. Not the same as the sedan. I think they reproduce both... all I have found are tinted and shaded.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    Pretty sure 63 to 65 convertible and hardtop are the same. Not the same as the sedan. I think they reproduce both... all I have found are tinted and shaded.
    This is true. I've purchased all mine in the past (with the exception of the last one, which a club member sold me, after buying a sedan model version for his hardtop) from local suppliers. They'll not always have it in stock, but they can get them. And they have always been under $200. I bought my previous windshield through a friend who worked at a place called Parts Channel. He's retired now though, so not sure whether that place is still an option.

I bet, as a club, we could open a business account at a place like this... Humm...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"