Thread: Looking for suggestions

Looking for suggestions

Hello again. I am looking for the division bar felt for my 63 wagon. I can get the ridged channel replacement with the chrome beads but that involves totally taking apart the vent window assembly and I don't really want to do that. I have the window frame felt but it doesn't seem to fit into the division bar channel. I am wondering if anyone has found a replacement for the division bar felt. I have looked but come up empty. Thanks once again.....

Hey Loren.
    They've been using the same rigid division bar material from way before the Falcon. I had the same stuff in my '50 F pickup and my '56 F100 Panel and did the same search as you back then, 10 years later, and 10 years after that. It's a manufactured part and that felt is pinched into the stainless bead. Your best bet is the scrape it clean and get some felt and glue it in. Suffice it to say I've done this (on the '56) and it held up a little while, but not long. I eventually discovered it's far easier to rebuild the frame and do it right than to do it twice and three time.

Wish I had the magic trick, but that's what I know about it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"