Thread: New-ish member

New-ish member

I joined about 2 years ago after buying my 1965 Ranchero, a retirement gift to myself, but I realized haven't shared many photos. I've included a few here. I use it for what it was designed as, a light utility truck, and a daily driver, rain or shine.

I'm also a member of other forums (Ranchero.US, The Ford Falcon News), but I've recently decided I like the tone of this site much better; less BS and more realistic, on-point discussions about Falcons.

So thanks for this site, and I look forward to more discussions with all of you.

Beerbelly
    FCA #15931
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

That is a nice looking truck. Awesome to see it used as it was intended. I see two different styles of rims in your photos. Which are you running with currently and why did you choose it?

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Thanks Jeff.
    I had been running Wheel Vintiques 15x6 steelies until recently. I didn't have a garage, so my car sat outside (under a car cover in the winter), and I didn't want nicer wheels just sitting out in the rain. We recently built a garage, so off came the steelies and on went some 15x6 Torq Thrust D's.
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

That's a great looking Ranchero. Thanks for posting the pics. Would love to have one for a daily driver and to haul my bicycles around. It would get much better gas mileage than my V10 F250
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the pics. Yep, what falcons are meant to do.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

That looks like the same trim package on Gene's Ranchero (Smithkid). My first foyer back into Falcons (post high school, when I had a '62 Futura) was a '64 Ranchero. It ended up being too far gone for restoring it in a garage in an apartment complex (1995). So it went away, but the desire for a Falcon was sparked - and I found the wagon a couple years later. They are harder and harder to find and yours looks really great. Good job keeping it usable as a truck!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"