Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My "Quick Steer Kit" from Cobraautomotive has been installed

Beerbelly, I've been driving the Falcon with the quick steer kit about twice a week now, and it is such a vast improvement over the original steering that I intend to change over the entire steering set up of my other Falcon which has the early pre June '64 heavy duty steering, just so I can install a quick steer kit on that car as well.

Yes, the steering will be heavier when parking but nothing I MYSELF would complain about, but bear in mind I do not drive a modern car and don't even know what power steering means, I've driven manual steering cars all my life and when I had a power steering Falcon I yanked that crap out of that car so fast it was all a blur to the naked eyes of onlookers!

I'm also a cave man, I grew up in a time when we had ONE wall phone, we had to get off the couch to change a tv channel, no microwaves, I literally did walk two miles to school in deep snow, we played with fire crackers, didn't wear bicycle helmets, built three story tree forts, and for real entertainment we built ramps to jump our bicycles fast and high.

We also got hurt, lost fingers (I nearly did), and broke bones (I did). We came from a different time, a different world.

All this is to say that the quick steer kit may not be for everybody, but for a hardcore driving enthusiast who enjoys performance benefits even at the cost of comfort, you bet the quick steer kit is a wonderful thing!

Fireball Wilbur

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    ...when I had a power steering Falcon I yanked that crap out of that car so fast it was all a blur to the naked eyes of onlookers!
    Yaaaaay, Wilbur!

1963 air borne.jpg
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)