Thread: See Thru Voltage Regulator

See Thru Voltage Regulator

This clear voltage regulator popped up on e-bay, and I thought "Dang! I've never seen one of those before."

APR-12 35 Amps.jpg

The description read: “Some discoloring on gold tone metal from age. Seldom seen custom aftermarket accessory. Included is the box and instructions with unused regulator. Quality USA made 1960s unit. Fits a 1963 Ford Falcon Futura Sprint, 4.3L 260Cu. In. Gas Naturally Aspirated."

APR-12 back.jpg

It had a "Buy it Now" price of $49.99 and I really didn't need it because the voltage regulator that I have seems to be working fine, but .... Dang! I have never seen one of those before."

APR-12 bottom.jpg

Then I started thinking, "Dang it! That thing really is cool, and if I don't buy it now, someone else might. And that is really about the price of a new voltage regulator anyway. And it would be neat to see the little relays clicking and sparking"

APR-12 side with bracket.jpg

Arrrrgggh!! I bought it! I bought it!

Instructions.jpg

Here is the description that was provided for another previously sold part: "Here I have a New Old Stock Genuine NORS accessory Gold Line Self Polarizing 12 Volt Voltage regulator with see through cover and Gold plated frame for 1960-1962 Mercury Comet and Ford Falcon, 1958-1960 Edsel, 1956-1962 Ford, 1956-1960 Lincoln, 1956-1962 Mercury and Thunderbird. This could easily be used in many custom applications as well and would look perfect on your vintage rod or custom. Remember the government is still printing Money but P&D hasn't made parts like this in decades. You won't find parts like this at your local wrecking yard if they even have any cars like yours left. A nice finishing touch to your Authentic restoration. These little parts really make your restoration stand out. The P&D part number on this is APR12. Remember always use genuine parts in your restoration. Don't miss out!!!"
    Last edited by ew1usnr; January 2nd, 2015 at 08:15 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Fun stuff! Sold PnD parts when I worked a parts house in the late 70's and we never had that on the shelves, but I sure wish I knew to buy all that old CalCustom stuff. Or parts at Jobber cost from the dealers I delivered parts to. That's gold today as well.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"