Thread: High School show at Antique Powerland

High School show at Antique Powerland

Yesterday (Sunday) 6/1/08 there was a high school car show at the same site that the 18th annual Falcon/Comet Pacific Regional will be held. My daughter wanted to attend with the Comet (which made me proud, of course), and she and I really had a good time. There were dark clouds all day, but we never got rained on.

She even won a handy set of tools!

All the high schoolers in attendance:

Each of the "kids" got a picture of themselves with their car in front of the old gas station. It was a very well run show, and a great father-daughter day for me.
    Last edited by cometcougar; June 2nd, 2008 at 10:01 PM.
    1960 Comet
    1967 Cougar XR7
    www.lattemom.typepad.com/cougar

Very nice. Great to start them young.

thanx for the pics!!
    "Never under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time !!"

That's too cool! Great to see high school kids interested in old cars. The weather looks just like we had up here at the Ford Picnic. Cold and cloudy but the rain stayed away.

So what did you think of having a show at Antique Powerland? It seems like a nice layout but I've only seen photos.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I give it a thumbs up!

The venue is excellent. It's right off the freeway (I-5) and easy to access. The trees are fairly small, so on a hot day there would not be much shade.
    1960 Comet
    1967 Cougar XR7
    www.lattemom.typepad.com/cougar