Thread: Need a reference for paint / body work !

Moss picker Guest

Exclamation Need a reference for paint / body work !

I need to sell my 1964 Falcon convertible, which needs a little paint touch up. Does anyone know of someone who does really good body / paint work? I live up in Snohomish, so northend is better for me. Thanks Kate

I just had two fenders repainted on my wagon for a ton of money... so how much work are you needing? A lot of places won't even touch older cars any more unless that's what they specialize in and then you pay out the nose. So knowing what you need done and what your budget can withstand will help point you in the right direction maybe.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hi Kate,

There's always West Coast Restorations, who are known for their top quality restorations of vintage Fords, and I think they are in Snohomish. I've seen several cars that they've done end up in magazines, and one of them in person at a show and I was impressed. They may not do touchup work, but possibly could refer you to someone who does.

Kenny - if you're reading this, what was the name of the shop that you got an estimate for the work on your car out in Woodinville? I thought I remembered you saying they specialized in vintage cars.

T
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

The place I went to was called "Fenders & Fins" in Woodinville. I went there to get an estimate for an insurance claim when the Falcon got rearended. As with most places who specialize in classic cars, they were expensive but looked like they had a very nice shop and did fantastic work. When I say expensive, that's only in my mind. I'm sure it's worth every penny for the amount of work, materials and the skill it takes to do a nice job.

www.fendersandfins.com

Getting shops that make their money off new car insurance claims to do a classic car is near impossible these days. I went back to the shop that did my car 7+ years ago and they said they don't do older cars now.

Most people do the prep at home and take it to a chain like Maaco if you have a tight budget.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)