Thread: Trying to find headers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Xtpher Guest

Trying to find headers

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and am in the middle of 'fixing up' a '65 futura 4 door for my daughter. This is the first car that I've gotten this involved in so I have been learning a lot lately. I just put a rebuilt 302 with an eldelbrock intake and edelbrock 4 barrel carb. Everything seems to be fine but I need to put a new exhaust in it and I figured that while I was at it I'd have dual exhaust put in. And as long as I'm at that I thought I'd put some headers on it so it might breathe a little easier.

So here's the question. I have been looking for some headers for the 65 with power steering and AT on the column but haven't had much luck. Has anyone out there found headers that can be installed on this vehicle without modification to the car?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Chris

The Hedman 88400 header may work for you. I'm not sure about the power steering but they do work with an automatic with column shift. The website claims they fit with power steering but not the column shifter. Go figure.

The 88400 is black

The 88406 is the same header with ceramic coating

The 88408 is the same header as 88406 but is the Elite series (thicker tubes and thicker flanges). I have these in my 62 with a 331.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Headers

Seems to me one of the guys that does tech reports for the Falcon Club was having some specially made. Of course my mag has grown wings and gone....lol
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Xtpher Guest
    Thanks Patrick. I was looking at the Hedman 88400 headers, but their applications folks said it wouldn't work with the AT on the column. Looks like it is pretty close, have you actually installed them in this configuration?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtpher View Post
    Thanks Patrick. I was looking at the Hedman 88400 headers, but their applications folks said it wouldn't work with the AT on the column. Looks like it is pretty close, have you actually installed them in this configuration?
    I do have them installed with a column shift C4 auto. There was no problem there. I did have some steering box issues that required some modification of the flange to change the angle of the drivers side header. I'm using the Lokar C4 column linkage kit.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI