Thread: Need a 6-cyl timing cover

Need a 6-cyl timing cover

OK, I broke my timing cover trying to muscle my harmonic balancer off before I decided I should borrow a puller (thanks Pat!). I had it off once before but don't remember it being so tough.

I had a spare but it has a broken oil pan bolt in it and the timing marks are almost worn off. Tough to read. Plus it's a pretty rough casting compared to my original. Before I try to drill out the bolt, does anyone have a spare in good shape they would like to part with?? Preferably not to far from Seattle or I can pay extra for postage.

Thanks!

p.s. - I've been quiet on the board lately but I've been busy working on my `62. Drivetrain is out and it's getting a new head I've been building. Of course one thing leads to another and next thing you know there are a hundred parts all over the garage! Anyhow, I'll get a thread going soon showing the progress.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Kenny I have one, and kirkland is close when the traffic is light. jh

Hey John,

If I don't have any luck in the morning drilling out the broken bolt, I may take you up on that. I've had it soaking for awhile and the aluminum will heat up pretty quick so that might help.

Thanks for the offer!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I have one too if you need it...

don't feel bad kenny.. i broke my harmonica balancer puller trying to remove my balancer from the 170 but I forgot about the washer behind the bolt

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*