Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UCA Template - Shelby Drop

Well maybe not

Well today I removed the upper control arms and drilled the pilot holes for the Shelby drop. One hole on each side would be right on the edge of the reinforced area.

So now I'm not sure this is such a great idea. I'm afraid without heavier metal it could tear a hole from the stress. If the engine was out it would be easy to just weld in a little patch.

Look closely at the pictures and you can see the pilot hole is real close to the edge.

Has anyone with a 63 made this modification? What do you think?

I did it to my 63 delivery a couple years ago. I checked it out just now and no issues I can see. Everything looks fine.
    I did not notice any handling improvements, but my alignment guy had a way easier time setting mine up according to the specs off of dazecars.com.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Was the hole right on the edge of the reinforced area like mine?

Most say it's worth while and had improved handling. But it could be that you wouldn't notice unless really pushing the car hard likenough on the track.

Yup it is close, if you're concerned about it can you just put a washer in there? I would have to go look but I don't see any issue doing that if your concerned about it pulling through.
    Like I said mines been like that for a couple years now and I probably have put close to 10k miles on mine.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

OK thanks Steve I feel better about doing it knowing that you have that kind of miles on yours.

I'll get the template headed back your way.