Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coming together

Yeah, that's not the groove I thought you were talking about.

You really should look and see where the new seal rides. Seals are not all created equal and the seal that made that groove may not have the seal contact point in exactly the same spot as the new seal.

Take a small scale and measure the depth from the stop/ledge on the crank to the highest spot on the new seal, then measure the back edge of the sleeve on the balancer to the groove. If they're in different spots, don't fret about it. Also, the picture was not very clear so it's not clear how deep that groove is. Seals do have a fairly significant collapse to them, and it's very possible it will never leak. And if it does you still have the option of pulling it again and pressing the sleeve over it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Smile

Hello to everyone,

I been working nearly sun up to sun down the last few days. Made a sandblasting boath between the house and the shop with a big tarp. Worked up untill the weather got bad. I got most of what I wanted to do done but I still have a little more to blast next weekend. I made a paint boath with some plastic and exhuasted the fumes with a fan out of the window. Check the pics.

Still busy making a home of that 50 year old 170!
    Guy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice! An inspired effort!
    If it's running, take it apart and see why.

Smile

Hello all

Finally got the sandblasting finished and got the frontend in primer.

Guy

It's good to see Roger getting some more competition, nice work
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Quote Originally Posted by BPVan View Post
    It's good to see Roger getting some more competition, nice work
    Amen to that.

Everything is looking really good. Nice to see a Falcon you can sand-blast and still have something left after you are done. It looks very solid.

Question to others... What holds the upper part of the coil springs when you remove the outer shock towers? Guy, you may not want to stand where you were standing until that is known for sure.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Smile

Good morning all

Thanks for the tip. My wife walked into the shop, told me to look up, and snapped that picture.

Pictures of the finish coat, lighting not so good. Pictures do not do it justice. I just may have a place to put that 170 soon!

Guy

So you did pull the front-end parts off after all? The last pic shows no spring.

Way to go (now I will for sure beat you to the finish)!

(Ah shoot - I jinxed myself.)
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"