Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: More Craziness - The "other" Falcon

Looks great Roger you are a lucky guy
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Roger,
    What is your plan with the new Comet? Keeping it, selling it?
    Gina
    IMG_0456cropthumb

Gina, At first I wasn't sure, but I will probably have to let it go. I at-least wanted to get it running again and detail it up so I can get the most I can from it. A lot of unexpected has happened in the past couple weeks and I hope I will be able to find time to get it ready for the car corral at the Monroe swap meet the weekend of the 18/19 of May.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Amidst the chaos I have been making some progress on this car. Thanks to Merlin55 I have received and installed the later style motor brackets and my old mounts from the wagon. Figured I'd put the new ones on a car I plan to keep. My old ones were fine, but new is better on the wagon. This actually raised the motor in the Comet 3/4" (and off the belly and sway bar, as it was).

Have most of the motor and engine compartment cleaned, painted, and put back together and am rebuilding an Autolite carb now to put on it. I'm now hoping I get it done in time for the swap meet.

Will take some pictures of it this week.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Are you going to post how much you want for it? Thanks to shop over runs, and wife over runs, I probably couldn't afford it any way
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I'm probably gonna post it at the Monroe swap meet for $8500 OBO. Rather start high and go from there. If I get no interest, I'll go down from there.

I did get the engine compartment all detailed and put a newly rebuilt Autolite 1100 on it today. Runs real well. Converted the down-draft to PCV and other general touch-ups. Also fixed the console and cleaned it up on the inside a little - though it's like new in there (almost).

I wish I had another week. If I did I'd take it to where Gene had his car buffed and have that done.

Will be washing and detailing the outside this week (weather and jury permitting) and post some after pictures.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Here are some pictures I promised. I got it all cleaned up yesterday and was going to drive to the meeting, but then it started to downpour. Anyway, hope to be able to bring it to the swap meet this weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Nice valve cover. Oh yeah the car looks pretty good as well...

Clean ride. Very nice! I wish I had a bigger garage...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

So...... did it sell?

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I'm happy to report the Comet went off to a new home yesterday. Smiles all around. She went off to a good home. I'll let the new owner take over from there to announce their new friend.

I really think the FCA should include these year Comet to the club. It really is "the other Falcon" by all rights.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"