Thread: My 1969 project

My 1969 project

This is my 69 falcon, has a mexican block 302/c4 was a 3 speed on the tree, the p.o. just hooked the linkage up to the auto transmission(i have an auto column for it). I parted out another 69 2 door when i first bought this one and have all black interior for it along with bucket seats and extra hood/fenders/doors/trunk.

i have a 1988 5.0 roller motor that was built with an aod i plan on installing in it along with the rear 8.8(possibly)

these pictures with the sandblasting were taken last thursday. I got tired of looking at the rust and wanted it to stop so i just sandblasted it down and hit it with a coat of self etching primer than some heavy duty grey i had in the shop. Yes its rattle can but I am in no position to start the body work just yet. I only found a couple small patches of bondo on the passenger side rear wheel well, and the passenger side lower body line behind the rear wheel well was about 1/16" thick the entire panel(not sure how bad it is wrinkled).
    Attached Images Attached Images

some more pictures, after the paint

here are some pictures of when i first brought it home, yes it was a lot nicer too bad p.o. just did a crapy (m*co or e*rl) paint job on it, with only one layer and in some places they had red primer and in others right over bare steel....very strange, its like they ran out of primer and were like oh well just paint it.

69 falcon

I just started working on the body of my daughters 1969 that was given to us by a neighbor . I've gone thru this thing from bumper to bumper . It good to see your progress should be a runner . I'm looking for a front bumper which is the last piece of the puzzle would you know of anyone that has one for sale ?

Thanks Bud

Wow bud, I am sorry i have not replied. I do not get notification emails for this forum for some reason. I do have a few bumpers floating around. PM me if you have not found one as of yet or hit me up on Facebook, under https://www.facebook.com/groups/1514418845464466/

Hey Malodin, I just caught your post. Sorry I missed it first time around.
    Nice looking car have you been doing any work on it since 2014??
    Are you going to come to the mini in July? It would be nice to see more of the "forgotten" years of the Falcon.
    Keep us posted on your progress!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Quote Originally Posted by malodin View Post
    Wow bud, I am sorry i have not replied. I do not get notification emails for this forum for some reason. I do have a few bumpers floating around. PM me if you have not found one as of yet or hit me up on Facebook, under https://www.facebook.com/groups/1514418845464466/
    Thank you so much for the link on Forgotten Falcon's on FaceBook. I have not yet got to the body on my 1966 Falcon but that sure is handy info to have on these cars.
    1966 Ford Falcon 2 Door Base with Straight 6 and 3 on Tree

Does Anyone Know Where Sedro-Woolley is?