Thread: Brake Light Switch

Brake Light Switch

Anyone know a way to test this, as my brake lights were working and now they dont. I did unplug the adaptor connected to the switch as the brake lights were staying on no matter what. Once this was done they work but now stopped. Is there a setting on this or a fuse. I can turn on the headlights and all light up but the right rear, so I need to replace that bulb as the connections on the bulbs them self are from 1965 and are warn down. I dont know if this completes the circuit or not. I was going to order a new one but not sure if something else happened. If anyone has any answers on this as I cant find anything on the web or in the shop book either.

thanks,

Moe

I would get some new bulbs and make sure the contacts in the socket are clean first. Make sure they're getting good contact.

I'm not sure how it is on a `65 but on my `62, the socket is machine pressed onto the housing and you can twist is from behind a little. If yours does this, wiggle it around and see if the bulb changes brightness. I just turned mine until it found a tight spot but think I'll solder a wire to the socket and find a good ground if it acts up again.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I had a dim brake light issue on my 62. I uses hose clamps to add a ground to the socket and ran it to the trunk latch. I'll pull them out and solder it permanent one day.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI