Thread: 63 falcon 2dr hardtop

63 falcon 2dr hardtop

hi i have a 1963 falcon and i am putting chevy running gear in it and i want to put chevy wheels on it to and i dont want to put a mustang II front end in it and does any one know if i could use mustang 2 spindles for chevy rotors or would it be best to do a disk break conversion and get the rotors redrilled for chevy pattern
    thanks cory

BUILT FORD TOUGH WITH CHEVY STUFF?

Counting to ten, taking a deep breath, and just walking away shaking my head in dismay. Whatsamatter, can't find a Nova?
    1960 Comet
    1967 Cougar XR7
    www.lattemom.typepad.com/cougar

You Have A 63, So You Could Swap In Ford Granada Spindles And Disk Brakes Easily.whatever Chevy Parts You Have Will Be Difficult To Use And Probably More Expensive Than The
    Ford Alternatives,at Least For The Suspension. If You Are Really That Stuck On Chevy,you Could Always Get Some Bow-tie Valve Caps.Yes Its More Money To Build A Ford Motor But Its
    More Rewarding When You're Done.You Didn't Say If It Is A 6 Or 8;
    If Its A 6cyl Check Out Ford Six Performance.com, To Build A Really Unique Sleeper.We have a 12 second falcon here in Portland Just some food
    For Thought. PLUS IF YOU USE THE GRANADA SETUP YOU COULD RUN ANY WHEEL
    WITH A MUSTANG BOLT PATTERN-LOTS OF THOSE OUT THERE
    Last edited by 63RAPTOR; May 28th, 2008 at 11:21 PM.

Hi Cory,

First off welcome and secondly I personally can't help you with your questions just because my entire history with classic cars has been my Falcon and I'm a real novice when it comes to running gear.

Anyway, I think anytime you put a Chevy drivetrain or running gear into a Ford (or vice versa for that matter) you're going to get strong opinions from both camps. I think the base of knowledge out there is huge with upgrades to your Falcon using Ford parts but it will be a tough nut to crack finding good info on retrofitting Chevy parts into a Ford.

But...I've never looked so I'm sure there's something out there. Just make sure you get out your flameproof suit because this can be a very emotional subject.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Whacky Racers

For what it's worth, at a car show I once saw a '59 Chevy powered by a 460 Ford.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

I can top that,there's a 53 ford running around portland with a buick "nailhead" in it. Has a snob plate on it ----" BUFORD"

chevy falcon

If it's a V8 get out the saw, chevy's are wider than a small block ford and the spring towers need to be hacked on..not good...get a tape measure and you will see...or the mustang ll front end...will work...jh

Yup. The gen one small Chevy is similar is width to a Ford 351W. It will fit but you'll likely need to notch the towers. You'll also likely need to fab some custom headers.

I have nothing against Chevy stuff but you would be better off tracking down a Ford 5.0. It's an easy bolt in and you can get the motors pretty cheap these days.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Yeah I'm pretty sure there is no Chevy motor that will fit in a Falcon.

If you're doing the (obviously) dirty deed because you had an old Chevy already parted out... you'd probably save yourself a lot of headache by offering it up for sale on Craigslist and then (sadly) buy a nice small-block ford (289 or 302) for about half what you sold the Chevy stuff for and build up a nice 300+ HP engine for that Falcon. In fact I have a 302 block I'd GIVE YOU to keep you from going down this road to perdition. Then you'll only need standard semi-easy to find 5-lug Ford stuff to bolt right up. And the true and most important benefit would be from not being the subject of harsh ridicule from us die-hard Ford-in-Ford only types who just can't understand why anyone would ever even consider putting a Chevy into a Ford other than being in desperate of an intervention.

Also, because the Falcon is unibody, there's not a lot of easy bolt on anything that wasn't already designed to bolt onto it... unless you in fact DO do a M-II front end to A) gain the better front suspension and B) gain the width in the engine bay to accommodate the eh-hem... Chevy motor.

And of course... I hope you can laugh at all this because it is your car and you can do what you want with it and we'll accept you regardless. Of course you may be banned from opening the hood at any local Falcon meets, but we'll all just nod our heads in agreement when you say it's because the hood latch is broken at the moment.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"