Thread: Vertical Vent Window Tool NEEDED

Vertical Vent Window Tool NEEDED

My '65 Ranchero has recently finished getting it's paint done. I am now in the process of re-assembling everything. I purchased new seals for the Vent Windows, but being totally inexperienced, soon didcovered that FORD has seen fit to install the vertical went window seals with some little tiny rivets. Also further discovered that there is a special tool for these special rivets. Cost: $85 for the tool to install a $60 part. I'm cheap!

Does anyone know where this tool can be rented or borrowed? Dearborn used to rent it, but has dis-continued that policy as too many people didn't return them.

Here is a picture from the day the paint was completed:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I used a center and a drift punch when I did mine . Hit them with the center punch first then drift punch to flatten them .
    Take Care
    Earl

www.ranchero65.com

I had to do it the same way. Just make sure you support the back side of the rivit and using the center punch this will flare the rivit and the drift punch will flatten it.

Good luck. And nice looking Ranchero!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"