Thread: Hot August Nights 2010

Hot August Nights 2010

Just got back from 9 days in Reno at the Hot August Nights. Wow! what a show. Got very warm a few days but it was worth it. 6000 registered cars in Reno and 3000 registered in Tahoe. That doesn't count the thousands around town that weren't registered.
    I am attaching pics from the winner of LAST years event. It was a Falcon and in talking to the owner he has invested more money than I have in my house and car combined. Amazing detail and beauty. I will send other pics later.
    OF the thousands of cars that I saw at the show I only say 11 Falcons. Sure was sad that I didn't get my car ready in time, but it wasn't registered for this year anyway. I was on a waiting list of 3000 and finally got into next years show. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi there bad bird, my neighbor has a 39 chevy orange with a hot mop roof that is tan and he has a sigh that says 1st at hot summer nights over the garage doors at his house.. is that for real ??

My Dad just got back from the show and he said that he only saw one Falcon. I guess he didn't look hard enough.
    1964 Futura: 4-Door Sedan (Bench)
    Paint Color: Wimbledon White
    Engine:170 six(101hp)
    Build Plant: Kansas City, Ks
    DSO: Hawaii
    Build Date:Jul 17, 1964

Hot August Nights 2010

Falcon-Cobra, there was a 39 chevy that won best interior at this years show. A 1955 Chevy one the best of show for this year. According to the write up they spent more than $210,000 during the restoration since they bought it in 1993. You can find the pictures of it on the internet. Unbelievable car.
    Here are a few more pics of Falcons that were in the parade on Sunday. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Larry, Just getting back into the swing here and see you didn't make it. Bummer about that, but glad you got to go and spend time with family and friends anyway -- and count Falcons. Why we spend more money on cars than they will ever be worth is a quite amazing thing.

That green wagon is pretty sweet though, but over $200K? Must be paying a lot of people a lot of money to do things - who sees him coming a mile away. Cha-ching. More money than sense (cents) some people say.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"