Redfalken, PBrown, Luva65wagon, thanks for all the advice, it will certainly help. Also I have since found brackets for sale new at FalconParts located in California, they have brackets for both the V8 and the inline 6.

I'm a fan of lightweight cars, so I'll probably use the smallest alternator possible, my goal "was" to get my I-6 Falcon down below 2000 pounds, and after removing bench seats, sound insulation, and other items, I then ADDED back all that weight by upgrading to V8 everything but the motor. 8" rear, toploader trans, Granada disk brakes, etc. but using an inline 6 cylinder motor.

I would guess that going from the generator with it's massive brackets to a small Ford alternator of 65 amps saved hopefully 5 pounds at least, if not 10.

So with the alternator on the I-6 which is overcharging, if I cannot fix that using your recommendations, Luva65, I'll switch over to a one wire alternator.

The V8 Falcon still runs the generator, which works fine for my purposes, but I want the lower weight and size of the alternator, the car only runs a 260 ci motor and is dragging around way too much weight!

Thanks again for all the advice guys!!