Thread: Out for a spin.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Junior Director

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    Congratulations! What does a Junior Director do?
    Hello, Jeff.

When I was nominated I asked "What does a Junior Director do?".
    They said "not much".
    The club e-mailed me the by-laws and this is what they said:

"The Junior Director shall chair the membership committee and be responsible for the election process of officers and chair the nominating committee."

"A nominating committee chaired by the Junior Director, consisting of three (3) members in good standing will meet in the month of September. The committee will propose a slate of officer candidates with at least one member for each office and preferably more. This slate of candidates will be given to the Secretary by September 30."

That does not sound too complicated.

This is a non-Falcon photo that I was impressed with. Check out the dash board of a 1954 Mercury. My gosh! Look at all the knobs and gauges. That was really something.

1954 Mercury.JPG
    Last edited by ew1usnr; December 11th, 2014 at 04:48 AM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Quote Originally Posted by ew1usnr View Post
    "The Junior Director shall chair the membership committee and be responsible for the election process of officers and chair the nominating committee."
    Oh! We definitely need one of these!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

5000 2015!

Happy 2015, everyone!

I've been keeping track of my miles.
    I bought the car in July 2012. There was a lot of stuff to fix and I only put 291 miles on it that first year.
    In 2013 I did better and added 3,999 miles.
    In 2014 I broke my previous record and added 4,280 miles.
    For 2015 I resolve to break 5,000!

I have about 8,500 miles on a rebuilt engine and transmission that should both be good for another 120,000. I am 53 now, so at 5,000 miles per year that will take me until I am 77 years old! I gotta get moving!

The Wonder Falcon is performing like a little sports car and it puts a big smile on my face every time I take it out. I filled it up with $2.09 gasoline this evening while coming home from work and three people asked me what year it was and told me that they liked it. That car is more fun than should be legal.

Thanks, all, Dennis.

Vintage.jpg
    Last edited by ew1usnr; December 31st, 2014 at 03:45 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

WoW! That's a lot of miles for a classic! I think I can say we've all enjoyed riding along with you.
    Good luck on your goal for 2015!
    My goal....at least one mile!!
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

You go Dennis!! Since I've had the delivery on the road (about a year) I've racked up just shy of 5000 miles on mine. I drive it every chance I get with my longest trip about 400 miles round trip.
    I think you could bust that record if you plan a trip out here for the mini regional next spring/summer. Now that would be some miles!!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Oh yes Happy New Year everyone.

63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Small Victories

The morning temperature was 52° and clear with no rain and I drove my Falcon to work. I noticed a few minor glitches.
    The car stalled after I had pulled out of my driveway.
    The windshield became badly fogged and using the defroster made it worse.
    The driver’s door had become difficult to unlatch from the inside and I needed to pull up sharply on the handle to open the door.
    Hmmm.

1. After lunch I went out and started the engine and sped the fast idle up from 600 to 800 rpm in Park to minimize the cold stall potential.
    2. After getting home I worked the door handle up and down and noticed that the latch wobbled. I found that the crosshead screw below the latch on the trailing edge of the driver’s door was loose. The picture shows the loose screw above the left top edge of the specification plate. I tightened the screw and the door opened properly. Yay!

1-DCP_0072.jpg

3. I cleaned the inside of the windshield with "Invisible Glass" glass cleaner. Hopefully, that will take care of the foggy glass.

We are getting hit by some kind of polar vortex this evening. Tomorrow morning is forecast to be 39 degrees, clear, with no chance of rain. Perfect! I'll get to try out my corrected door, see how the engine responds to a cold temperature, and I'll get to run my heater and see if the windshield still fogs up.

As a side note: While driving home this afternoon, traffic was stopping for a red light and a guy was trying to pull out into the street from the right. I was on the inside lane, but I slowed down and waved at him to enter in front of me. He waved back for me to go first. Wanting to get out of his way, I punched the gas and ...... my tires squealed! On dry pavement, and without even meaning to, I spun my tires! Yea! I have about 8,000 miles on the rebuilt Challenger 260 engine, and as it loosens up it just keeps performing better and better.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; January 7th, 2015 at 07:39 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"