Thread: header for a 170

header for a 170

Mine is cracked and need to swap it out. Anyone got a lead?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Not that I have a lead but is this an actual header or the stock cast iron manifold? This engine was also in Fairmonts and Granadas up through the early 70s so you may want to check the junk yards.

Also, if you edit your profile and fill in your city/state, it will show up on your post and we will know where you call home.

Or, there are a few shops around that can properly repair cast iron but you can't just braze or weld. Find a shop that specializes in rebuilding cylinder heads and they may be able to do it or give you a lead.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

... and NEW are not a break the bank sort of thing (comparatively). They run about $125 from many vendors. There are two types to be aware of... the early guys use a flat gasket where the exhaust pipe connects, later uses a doughnut type gasket.

Mmmmmm Doughnuts!

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

170 EX. Manifold

I have a Stock Exhaust manifold from a 170 (flat, not do-nut) you can have for $25. Assuming I can get the bolts out of the head.

Quote Originally Posted by ontheroad68 View Post
    I have a Stock Exhaust manifold from a 170 (flat, not do-nut) you can have for $25. Assuming I can get the bolts out of the head.
    Thanks on the road, I'll take you up on that assuming you can get it apart.. Before we get to far down the road with this, where is home for you. I'm in the gig harbor area.
    Last edited by abergford; December 19th, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

I have two here that I just sandblasted and ceramic coated a semi gloss black. One is for Gina's car and I have one more here. Both in excellent shape and ready to go. Free to paid club members and almost free otherwise. I am over in Sequim.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

170 Manifold

I'm in Seattle, so the guy in Sequim might be closer to you, I'm not sure.

Kevin