Thread: 65 Falcon Ranchero with a 5.O troubles

65 Falcon Ranchero with a 5.O troubles

Im trying to see if there is anyone in the Northern area around Bothell that knows much about rancheros and the Mustang 5.0 motors. I had to go pick up my truck from my fathers in southern Cali which he has put a 1989 5.0 liter in the truck. It was driveable but then stopped running. He found out that the fuel pump was rusted and stopped working. So he took the tank down and replaced the pump. It has been over 8 months since he has tried to start it and now i have it here in WA. It seems to be pumping as you can hear the pump in the tank clicking with the key on. I did pull both fuel lines to see if there getting gas and they are. Im trying to find someone that might help me figure out what else might be the issue with it starting, It turns over just fine. It ran before just stopped getting gas since the fuel pump rusted out. I will be checking any fuses but not very motor savy. Im a computer guy not a engine guy.

thanks for any info or help.

Maurice

Maurice,

So I assume then this is an electronic ignition EFI engine? It may be fuel and it may be spark. Have you checked for spark at the plugs?

I'm not far from you, but time is pretty full up leading to Christmas, but I'm off Christmas to New Years and may be able to fit in some time then to cruise over. Maybe I can twist the arm of a friend who's got something similar to tag along to brainstorm some ideas. We'll see how it goes.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"