Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Freddie's Transplant

My hope is that the delivery guys will come late in the afternoon so I can head out right away. I'll bring my toolbox but hopefully Roger can make it out with his dial indicator.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I have a dial indicator and the big wrench. I'll try to make it if I'm not committed elsewhere.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I have been going through h-e-double-hockey-sticks (my Escape broke down last week with a $1200 repair, jury selection, programmer dealings, Comet gas tank shipping debacle (arrived today - yay!) and now a broken molar with dentist on Monday and pain today). So I have not been as watchful here as I should have. Sorry. I didn't notice this request or allocate time for Freddie this Saturday. I need to (now that it arrived) get the Comet home from Burien as it has overstayed its welcome by then-some.

If you want to come by and borrow what I have you can do that, but I won't be able to attend this weekend.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

As it turns out, I'm not going to be available to help on Saturday. Sorry!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Thank you, all, for your replies.
    I am going to try to get the wrench and a dial indicator tonight. I'll commence about 9:00 on Saturday. I'll remove spark plugs and rocker assembly and then do the best I can measuring lobe lift on all the lifters. If no one shows by noon, I'll need to knock off and go on to other household activities.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Address?

Oh, I guess I ought to provide my address...?

15606 210th Ave NE
    Woodinville

Take Woodinville-Duvall Road eastbound (unless you're coming from Duvall!) to 212th Ave NE, Rt on 212th;
    Right off of 212th on to NE 165th;
    Left off of 165th on to 210th Ave NE;
    15606 is on the left (east) side of the street.
    You'll see a Falcon in an open garage....
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Just got the word that my delivery will be sometime between 11-1.

I really did want to be there to witness the ah-ha moment! I don't hope your cam is toast but it's always nice to be able to find something definitive when you're troubleshooting.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Tech Summary, April 6

Well, today the "suspect" lifter adjusted up just fine!
    I figured before I tore into it, I should try to verify the problem by trying to adjust the #2 exhaust valve... again... to see if it behaved the same as it did before. It didn't; it behaved normally this time!
    I had started her up just to get the oil pressure up before opening the hood, but didn't warm it completely. I did this experiment, and based on that result, re-adjusted all the valves. They all seemed normal. I then took it for a drive and got it fully warm. I then re-did the valve adjustment... twice.
    The first time through I adjusted a half turn beyond lash take-up. I then spun the engine a few revs with the starter and adjusted them all again using three-quarters of a turn after take-up. They all seemed normal... both times.
    I dunno. She runs fine, but I still think I hear valve noise out on the road.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Quote Originally Posted by MacDee View Post
    She runs fine, but I still think I hear valve noise out on the road.
    Do you want Click and Clack's standard answer? Turn up the radio!

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    Do you want Click and Clack's standard answer? Turn up the radio!
    Why didn't I think of that...!
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

FYI-
    I did get a 13/16 wrench and a dial indicator.
    The big wrench came in handy setting the motor at TDC.
    I never used the dial indicator.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Gary, That is why I spend so much on stereo equipment!

Sorry I couldn't make it. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse for me and my schedule it did. And then some. So I hope you can crank up the radio and drive it to a show or two this year.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"