Normally I just drive my Falcon around town and haven’t had any issues with it running but recently I took it out to visit my grandparents about 40 miles away from me. It was fine on the way there but I started to head back about 4 hours later and 10-15 miles into the trip home my car started sputtering out and shut off. Kinda like if I ran out of fuel. It started up after a couple minutes and it made another couple miles before it happened again. After another time happening it just wouldn’t start again. Had it towed back home and it started up and ran just long enough to put it in my garage. The fuel pump and filter are new. It had plenty of fuel. A couple weeks before this happened I had smelled fuel after driving and found that it was leaking from the sending unit seal and I was in the process of driving it often for the purpose of using up all the fuel so I could change it without needing to drain the tank. After it broke down I ended up just emptying the rest and replacing the sending unit and seal. Could the old sending unit have caused my issue? It runs fine now but I haven’t driven it outside of my neighborhood because I don’t want it to break down again. Thanks for any help, guys.