I feel weird having just done some of this in the Intro area but figured I'd expand the story some. Sue me I'm southern- story telling is what we do

So way back in 1996 my dad retired from the Navy as I was gone for the Army.
He had ran a garage from our house for years to make extra money and had built rail buggies in VA, and hot rods in GA. I learned a lot from him and spent my evenings and summers mounting tired, changing oil, doing tune ups and generally trying to learn what I could. I'm not a mechanic to be clear - but I know enough to be dangerous and when its either better or faster to hire a pro.

Dad had a buddy back in '72 while we were stationed in Key West who had a 64 Falcon and he had always loved the car. With his retirement he bought one that had never been out of the state of GA (I actually managed to find the original title in his affairs). While I was off galavanting in the Korean countryside he was repainting the body, replacing the interior and building a K code 289 high performance motor. While I was home on leave we slid it home one night, and rebuilt the rear end. While I was gone he replaced windows, and trim. Another trip home I rebuilt the drum brake system.

We paired off like this for years, doing things as we could together, him the rest. As I mentioned in the intro I lost him in 2019. Unfortunately I dont have any of the early pictures yet, and havent found them but I have a lot to go through still honestly.
But we've lovingly started calling the car "Generations" as now 3 generations of the family are working on it, and sprucing her up. My clone changed the oil when we brought it home. I showed her how, and when she replaced the oil filter my dad had last put on himself the year before, I dang near cried under the car. I'm weird that way. Sinc we have had her its been largely maintenance from sitting: valve cover gaskets, rear seal, new battery, wiper blades, fix a rear shock, and other minor detail work that has to be done.

Anyway she still has some work to be done. The windshield leaks like a sailor on leaves wallet. There isn't a sign of a dash light so I have to use a flash light to see how fast I'm going at night. The brakes love to lock up in wet weather. the dash trim is rough but its original, and the Speedo RM gauge doesn't work. I'd like to put a power steering kit in it (probably the Mustang system - I'm told its cheaper, both in installation as well as long term maintenance due to parts availability) because she's a joy to drive- everywhere but parking lots. All that size she rumbles like a demon and is a lot of fun. We wouldn't trade her for the world at this stage.

Join us in the grand adventure as we try to get her to full restore, and take her on some adventures of our own!
Attachment 7718Attachment 7719IMG_1491.jpgIMG_1478.jpgIMG_9289.JPGIMG_9288.JPGIMG_9287.jpgIMG_9283.jpg