Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 FCA Pacific Regional - 8/16 - Salem, OR

2008 FCA Pacific Regional - 8/16 - Salem, OR

I hope nobody minds but I wanted to start a new thread on the upcoming regional show. We have one going to discuss the planning of the BBQ we are sponsoring but I didn't want to hijack it too much with other topics.

So this thread is for more general discussions of the event. Maybe coordinating a caravan? Pat and I will probably drive down together (not sure when just yet) and anyone who wants is welcome to join us.

The hotel has reserved a block of rooms at a special price and they have it in their system so you can make your reservations anytime. I invite you to visit the website for more information and then come back here to discuss anything you want.

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/08regional.html

I think it's important we make a good showing and represent the club so please consider going if you can. It's about a 4-hour drive from Seattle and this is the furthest north it's ever been.

Hope to see you there!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks for the link

Hi. Thanks for the information and website link. I have passed on the information to a family member of mine who has a 1964 Falcon convertible that has been in the family since it was brand new. He lives very near to Salem, so I'm hoping he'll be able to be there.

Would I be correct in assuming (after reading the website), that a Comet could register for this too? As a Cougar owner, I know that the Mustang owners are sometimes nice enough to let their Mercury fraternal twin brethren tag along on events, but I'm relatively new to the Falcon/Comet side of the things, so I'm just not too sure how that works in this case yet.
    1960 Comet
    1967 Cougar XR7
    www.lattemom.typepad.com/cougar

Comet are welcome......

John Guerini
    Chairperson, 08 Pacific Regional

Agreed! I think Comets and Falcons make a great pair.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Hopefully I'll be over my heart ordeal and be able to make it to Salem and meet some of ya'll ..
    Take Care
    Earl

www.ranchero65.com

Hey - great new homepage design - I especially like the yellow '63 taildragger! I may very well be Falconless by July, but I'll be there in spirit
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Regionals

I had been thinking that was a good target date to have my car ready, however I think it is a bit optimistic at this point. Being a paint contractor the market is very slow right now, which means more time but less money We shall see.

Sounds like great fun! I'd like to join y'all,but I've got too many things going now,and I wouldn't trust the 'chero to go around the yard.
    Maybe next year,I'll have it road worthy.
    Last edited by drowndrat; April 22nd, 2008 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Added a sentence.
    On a good day..........

If you decide you can spare some time, come on down without your Falcon. There will still be lots to look at and a BBQ! Salem is probably 3 hours from Tacoma so you could do it in a day.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

FCA Pacific Regional - Hotel Reservations

This is a reminder to make your hotel reservations if you a planning to attend the FCA Regional in Salem. There are a limited number of rooms at the Red Lion Hotel in Salem at a special rate. The hotel information is on the Regional registration form that can be downloaded from the home page of the Rainier Chapter's website.

Things are shaping up for the Regional and I hope there is a nice turnout of Northwesterners for this fun event!

Al Aiello
    President
    Sonoma County Falcons for Fun

I'll be there! I made my reservations at the hotel last weekend. If you're planning on driving down, we encourage you to register as early as you can to help us plan. I also wanted to keep everyone up-to-date so here's an email I got from John G. a few days ago:

Show Location: Looks like I have made the reservations with wrong group at Powerland. Thanks to Bruce U. who pointed out that I should have made the reservation with the NW Vintage Car and Motorcycle Museum not the main Powerland office. The NW Vintage Car and Motorcycle Museum is located at Powerland but is an independent museum, They have a 2.5 acre field with grass, gazebo and trees. Looks like we will be able to use their facility, I'm waiting for final confirmation. I will need to change the FCA insurance from Powerland to the NWVC&MC Museum.

BBQ, Awards and Flyers: The Rainier guys have a good handle on the Regional BBQ and the Regional Awards are in process. Also the Rainer Club will be sending a flyer to Falcon/Comet owners in the Northwest.

Falcon Friday, Swap Meet: The Columbia Guys have Falcon Friday at Rock-n-Rogers Diner ready to go and will help with the BBQ equipment. Not swap spaces reserved yet.

Registration: We have 9 cars registered (SCFF -2 cars, Rainier - 3 cars, 4 cars for Columbia Club) as of 5/08.

Tee Shirts: Tee shirt and dash plaques are in process, working on the graphics.

Calif Chapters: The SCFF will have 5 cars and 2 additional attendee at the Regional. At this point there is no River City Chapter cars and the one car from the Golden Gate Chapter attending the Regional. I have not heard from any of the clubs down south or the Comet guy in northern California.

Sponsors: The Rainier Chapter will sponsor the Lady Choice Award. The Best of Show, Longest Driven and Oldest Falcon/Comet are still available @ $50 each. I have written to potential sponsor for the Tee Shirts, three spots available at $200 each.

FCA will be adding a regional article and the application to the June and July newsletters.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Falcon Friday

checkout www.falcon-comet.com homepage for flyer on friday night cruise-in

Very cool! You guys have a really nice website!

I'm looking forward to some chili cheese fries and a root beer

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

I'll be at the Hotel Thursday night for any other early birds..
    I'll have my Blue bird in attendence..
    I'm so excited I can't sleep...

Looking forward to meeting everyone..

Nathan

61 futura (blue Bird)
    62 ranchero
    63 futura parts car
    and possably a 64 wagon

Calendar of events up date

Kenny, Roger and Nanthan....

I'm trying to up-date the Calendar of Events and was wondering if you guy's want me to mention when you are leaving, from where, approx time and phone numbers so people can hook up with you.

I currently have a group leaving Thur and Fri from WA but I do not know from where, time or who will be leading.

Also, The show will be at The Northwest Vintage Car and Motorcycle Museum at Powerland look for the Texaco sign.

Thanks, John