Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Near Help Near Bremerton

Hey Nathan
    name the wagon "TUNK"....keeps the flow
    "Never under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time !!"

Maybe....

The 61 has thick wall exhaust tubing so as it warms and cools it makes a tink noise... So we named it "tink"

The ranchero is named Tank for who knows what reason.. maybe becasue its green??

Maybe the enigne noise on the wagon will make a Tunk sound....

After yesterday's car show and the majority of the people preferring the blue 61 over the ranchero, mostly becasue the blue is an interesting color.. we should have painted the ranchero the same color blue, that way we could have a flock of blue birds..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Hi guys got the Car Saturday.

First off I'd like to say Dan Is a class act and made the deal right.
    The car's engine trouble is a alot more severe than we had hoped for.. Cool that Dan hung out while we tore into her. Good news is we'll know the condition of the motor when we're done..

The following images are intended for an adult audience. Viewer discretion is advised.

pictures will follow when site is fixed..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

The following photos are attended for mature viewing audiences.. Viewer discretion is advised..

I should have the "new engine" back this weekend, which allows me time to do the final assembly and have it running by monday..

Next question is where to find good floor pans at?

Nathan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Wow, I have seen some destroyed pistons in my time but not any that have blown their lid. Thanks for sharing.

So I assume it sucked a valve?? That's pretty wicked.

When I did my floor pans I bought a few sections from Falcon Enterprises. The bottom part of the firewall. Other sections I made from some sheet metal I bought.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
    Next question is where to find good floor pans at?
    You can get them from Autokrafters or Dearborn.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

No sucked valve..
    I think something got dropped into the motor.
    The piston has a bunch of threaded imprints on it.

I did find out today that everything else with the motor is well.. no cracked head or block. The engine was rebuilt sometime in the past and is currently .030
    The head will be getting hardend valve seats and it needed four new valves.

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Ahhh so it was 030 over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
    No sucked valve..
    I think something got dropped into the motor.
    The piston has a bunch of threaded imprints on it.

I did find out today that everything else with the motor is well.. no cracked head or block. The engine was rebuilt sometime in the past and is currently .030
    The head will be getting hardend valve seats and it needed four new valves.

Nathan
    63 Falcon 4dr wagon. Factory 260 car, but has a 302 now.
    64 Falcon 2dr HT. All original 260 car with 99,9xx miles. We are the 2nd owner
    68 Torino GT Fastback. 2nd owner, grandparents were 1st. 514,xxx miles.
    79 Fairmont 2dr 6cyl 3spd manual.
    05 F150 Supercrew 5.5ft box 2wd

Actually it was still standard, but the last builder ridged reamed it and reamed it to .030.

So now its .040 over and the crank is .010/.010

I got the engine put back together and in the car.

I now have a neutral safety switch problem needs adjustment..

the gas tank was full, but it wasn't all gas.. ever see white gas that doesn't burn when you take a lighter to it?

While trying to start the new engine it popped the new head gasket.. I hope....
    SO I have the head being pressure tested and I ordered hardend washers for the head bolts..

Crossing my fingers...

and we've named her Penny not because she is penny colored, but because she's costing us a pretty penny. just kidding.. we named her penny becasue she's orange.

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

White gas like what????
    63 Falcon 4dr wagon. Factory 260 car, but has a 302 now.
    64 Falcon 2dr HT. All original 260 car with 99,9xx miles. We are the 2nd owner
    68 Torino GT Fastback. 2nd owner, grandparents were 1st. 514,xxx miles.
    79 Fairmont 2dr 6cyl 3spd manual.
    05 F150 Supercrew 5.5ft box 2wd

Not sure what it was. but the gas I drained out of the tank was cloudy white.(no odd smell, no gas smell either) I'm assuming a lot of water. It didn't smell like gas and wouldn't burn. I got almost 5 gallons of it, before I got the last 5 gallons that smelled like gas.(I'll add water remover to it and try using it in a lawn mower the second 5 gallon)

Tore the carb apart to clean it out. it was full of the cloudy stuff also.

Added a couple of bottle of water remover to the gas tank and filled it half full and pumped the lines till I got clean looking gas.

I got the head back today and it pressure tested fine so it must have been a head gasket problem.

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

So, it was heavier than gas, since the gas came out last. Humm... Maybe it "was" milk. Dan has no clue? It did have a gas cap on it, didn't it? I do know that water and oil will froth up white, but I don't think gas and water do that. Very weird.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"