Thread: Know anything about reverberators?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Know anything about reverberators?

I just made a spur of the moment purchase of a "StudiSonic" reverberator off e-bay. It said "$40 By It Now" and it seemed too good to pass up. I have not seen these very often and they usually go for a lot more:

Reverberator 5.jpg

They are shown on Page 36 of my 1963 Falcon Owner's Manual:

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

A glitch is that the jacks were cut off:

Reverberator 8 wires.jpg

I know that they mounted in the trunk, and these are evidently the mounting tabs:

Reverberator 7 tabs.jpg

But .... that's all I know. Has anyone ever had one of these and/or know how the wiring works?

This was the description given on e-bay:

Seller Notes: “Rare studio sonic reverb pulled from a 1963 Falcon Sprint”

"I have a rare Studio Sonic Reverb unit taken out of a 1963 falcon sprint. It was located in the trunk and appears to be in great shape. These units were put into your car to make your radio sound like it was in a studio. They were put in Falcons, Comets, Fairlane's, and most early 60s ford cars.
    This one still looks intact, was not water logged or taken apart, all electric parts are intact inside the unit. I do NOT know if this works or if it is broken.
    The wires are all there, the turner switch was cut off of it as well as the single speaker but there is plenty of original wire to splice and make it work.
    These are rare radio speaker enhancers that make a collectible accessory in your falcon. I have only seen these in 1963 Falcon Sprints or Futuras, but were available for other Ford cars.
    Again I do NOT know if this works nor, have I tested it so you would have to buy it AS IS. The only numbers I found on this is on the back side:
    MOTOROLA R1200 112444 then stamped 413 40"
    Last edited by ew1usnr; December 8th, 2015 at 02:26 AM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)