Thread: Body work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Body work

When I sand blasted my 64 Falcon () yuch! there was a hard substance similar to body filler in the drain troughs on the roof area. It filled approximately 1/2 the depth of the rail. Does anyone know what that material really is so that I can replace it Thanks very much. Larry

It is a seam sealer, self leveling . Autobody store will have it I like the Fusor brand .
    Take Care
    Earl

www.ranchero65.com

seam sealer

Thanks very much Earl. I found it at the autobody store and it is very expensive not counting $50 for the required gun. Will this Fusor brand sealer flow out and get smooth without having to spread it out? Thanks again. Larry

seam sealer

Earl, I forgot, I will also be using some in the trunk rail also, since I removed some there also. Thanks Larry

Fusor is expensive but good stuff. I used some to seal my floor pans when I did repairs. It wasn't self-leveling though. More like the kind you spread with a putty knife.

I wish I would have paid more attention and had the guy replace the roof line sealer on mine. It's starting to come up in a few places. Seems like my `62 also has some on the top edge of the front windshield.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

BlackFalcon , Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner went to North Carolina for a couple weeks. If the Sealer you got is self leveling just lay a bead and let it do it's thing. I have found the warmer the weather the better it works.
    Take Care
    Earl

www.ranchero65.com