Thread: Wood Steering Wheel

Wood Steering Wheel

The stock steering wheel on my convertible....with the bucket seats doesn't allow much, if any leg room. I'm planning on replacing it with a wood type wheel, something similar to what Grant steering wheels look like.

Before I spend the $100 for a new one I thought I would check here to see if anyone has a decent used one for sale.

Not quite sure of the size...the stock wheel measures 16" so I'm not sure if the 15" size would do me much good. But the 13 1/2" does seem a little small.

So suggestions are also welcome. I do have a new black Grant wheel but really looking for more of a wood look.
    Thanks
    Hal

Hal-

I bought this steering wheel from a member last year at the swap meet. It is the 13.5" version. If you have power steering I think it would be fine, but I had manual steering and it didn't take long to realize it was a bit too small and I went to a 16" black foamy version from Summit. So it is available if you want to look at it. I paid the other member $100 for it, and that's about what they go for on ebay. We can negotiate if you're interested, since I was eventually going to list it anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Thanks Roger...I think the price is fine....it is the about the same amount as you can buy them online. On the size...I still need to decide if I go with 15" vs the 13". I have a new Grant black one...the kind that has the back soft grip...when I put it up against what I already have it looks pretty small. But I'm not sure if a 15" would help much as far as making more room.

Several years ago, when I lived in Colville, I purchased a wood steering wheel from Patrick...and it was about right...I think it was 15".

Let me do some measuring and deciding.

Might be awhile....but will let you know

Hal

No problem Hal. It ain't goin' no where.

I will say that I had this size steering when in my '56 Panel after adding power steering to it and it felt great. Added a bit to the response. The guy that bought my panel put in a Ch*** steering wheel, which looked ugly.

Anyway, 13.5" is doable if you have PS.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"