Hi-
I met a number of people at a gathering in Golden Gardens back in 2006. At that time I had just purchased a 63 convertible with hopes of quickly restoring it. Well now, seven years later, I am finally at a place where I can start moving forward with this project.

I spent sometime reading different threads this afternoon, but would still welcome the opportunity to hear from others, as there might be new experiences, new shops, and new ideas.

Please keep in mind that the end result is NOT a show car, but a car for family fun. I'd like the result to be clean and professional, but am not looking for perfection.

1) Windshield: can anyone recommend a local vendor for both the purchase of and installation of a windshield for my 1963 Futura Convertible?

2) Chrome: I am thinking of Art Brass Plating for my two bumpers and three interior windshield pieces. Are there any other places I might want to call, especially around the three smaller pieces?

3) Bodywork: I am thinking of Elliot (Elhot Metal Fabrication), but would welcome another shop that isn't quite as expensive. Can anyone recommend another shop?

4) Paint: I have read that Fenders & Fins does exceptional work, but (again) would welcome another shop that does great work on older cars for a fair price.

Thank you for any advice you can pass along, and
I will be sharing pictures (and experiences) as the Futura transitions from project car to neighborhood classic.
-Lawrence