Thread: Source for small parts?

Source for small parts?

Hello,
    I am in need of small parts for my 65 4 door Falcon. I used to deal with NW Falcons, but Ron is semiretired and won't bother with the parts at this point. The parts places I have emailed either won't reply, or they don't have the parts. I need the 6 screws for my instrument panel, the 4 plastic inserts for the door locks, and 5 of the headliner retainer fasteners. I know it is a pain for such a few trivial parts, but I need them nonetheless. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
    Kevin

Give this place a call .
    http://www.falconparts.com/
    Take Care
    Earl

www.ranchero65.com

I know the feeling of trying to find little parts! Kind of a pain. Where are you located?

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I live in Rochester, WA. I am about an hour drive from Seattle.

There's a seller on eBay named "dr4falcons" who is Brian Lucas near Oakland, CA. If you're an eBay person you might try writing him. It's been a long time since I've dealt with him but he has a junkyard down there.

I've also tried this trick. Do an eBay search for "falcon parting out" (check the "search title and description" box) and see if you find someone selling parts for a `65 (or `64?). Maybe they can help.

And...have you tried www.tffn.net yet? There might be someone there who can help. I hope that gives you some leads. I only have roundbody parts myself. And also make sure you check out our resources page to see if there's someone you haven't tried yet. Jake at Original Falcon Interiors is local and has misc. parts as well as upholstery.

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/index.php?page=resources

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I'm pretty sure the screws can be found in stainless at either Lowes or at a Tacoma Screw, which either you should have within driving distance.
    If not, I'm sure I may have them if you can describe them.

The plastic inserts, if you are talking the parts that hold the rods to the handles/latch assembly etc, you can get these at Wesco or any other auto-body supply. I'm pretty sure I have a few around here as well and will look over the next couple days to see if I have new or originals and home many.

I'm not sure what the headliner retainer is (I have a 65 wagon, so it may not have them), but again, if these are stainless screws, see item #1 above for these too.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger, I am not sure what the screws look like that hold the instument panel in place. If I had even one that was correct, at least I could match it up somewhere. The retainers are an odd looking piece that fits into retangular holes that keeps the headliner in place on the sides. The plastic pieces I am talking about are inserted into the top of the door and guide the lock as it goes up and down. Again, I do not know what one looks like originally, but if I even had one, I could try and match it up. I frequent ebay, and I will try your suggestions. I just recently found out about the upholstery shop in Seattle, and I plan on going there this summer to get some estimates. Thanks again for your help.
    Kevin

I can look at one of mine on my dash panel and let you know.

I think the headliner pieces you are referring to are for the window lacing, not the headliner per se. I'll take a close up of what I'm thinking you are asking about and try and post a picture in the next 12 hours or so.

I know the parts you are seeking for the door lock pulls. I bought new ones myself for the job I'm doing on mine. I pulled the drivers side out today intact and if I get the passenger side out I'll let you know just in case you want them. I did replace them in my friends Mustang as well, and I think I bought an extra set for that too on accident. Will look.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"