Thread: Scored Some 65 Ranchero Parts Tonight

Scored Some 65 Ranchero Parts Tonight

Picked up some parts for the 65 Ranchero my son and I are working on.

Cherry hood, driver side door/fender and tailgate. The guy threw in a set of lower stainless steel skirts and a Ranchero emblem I needed. We got all of this for $300.00 and no rust.

I've been reading the thread on restoring grills and who to send them to. Mine is bent and in need of straightening. Oh what to do...

jerry-

Sounds like a great price. I know I have seen the tailgates go for some good cash. Keep us updated on the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    Sounds like a great price. I know I have seen the tailgates go for some good cash. Keep us updated on the progress.
    I need to get the seals that attach to the firewall/cowl that seals the fender to the cowl. Got the inside of the new-used fender cleaned and primed and painted the inside of the hood I got, but I ran out of paint. The hood turned out nice. See attached pictures. Have to bead blast and paint the headlight bucket tomorrow and then work on cleaning and painting the radiator support. I ordered a new radiator and it's supposed to be delivered Tuesday. I figured that while I have the driver side front fender off I might as well pressure wash and paint that side of the Ranchero.

Once I get this all back together I'm going to be installing disk brakes on the Ranchero. That will be easy to do.

jerry-
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work Jerry! Looks like you're doing it up right.

So have you torn into that tailgate yet and was it truly rust free? I've heard a lot of wagon and Ranchero owners saying that can be a trouble spot for rust and finding ones in near-perfect shape can be near-impossible.

Keep up the good work and keep posting your progress.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    Nice work Jerry! Looks like you're doing it up right.

So have you torn into that tailgate yet and was it truly rust free? I've heard a lot of wagon and Ranchero owners saying that can be a trouble spot for rust and finding ones in near-perfect shape can be near-impossible.

Keep up the good work and keep posting your progress.
    I pulled the inside of the tailgate off today to see it any rust was in the tailgate. Nothing significant as far as rust goes. The guy I got the parts from said the Ranchero came out of a barn out in the central valley.

Got the hood on today and the radiator came in from UPS so we plan to work on the radiator mount this weekend to get it cleaned and painted.

jerry-