Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrical

Electrical

WEll, I ran a OHM check and it was at .04 and decided to hook up the battery cable. Blew one fuse. The dome light fuse because I forgot to hook up the dome light and the wire was shorted against structure. Fixed that and tried again. Haven't checked all systems yet. The radio, dome light, cig lighter, heater motor, wiper motor, backup lights (with dash mounted switch) all work ok. But, the headlights, running lights and dash lights do not work. I am sure it is because of how I wired the light switch. It is the one thing that was never clear to me.
    Guess it's back to the drawing board on the light switch.

Electrical

Update on electrical. Roger kindly came by and helped me figure out a major problem I was having getting the lights to work. Found that one of the terminals that I didn't think needed to be hooked up happened to be the main power terminal. That might explain why it didn't work!! Re-wired the switch and now the headlights are working. Brake lights are still a issue but moving forward step by step. Thanks a bunch Roger.

No sweat. I still suspect until the turn-signals are connected, the brakes may not work.

Now if I can just figure out my electrical (new one-wire alternator) problem.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"