Thread: 63 Pocket Rocket

63 Pocket Rocket

Don't know why I didn't think of this before, but anyway here a link to my albums with pics of the 63 2Dr Sedan (the blue 60 is not mine; it was at the Falcon Nationals in Indianapolis a few years ago and I was so impressed I put it in my album).
    See the pics at: http://public.fotki.com/Falconeer/

Butch Evans
    Falconeer

Beautiful machines!! Hope mine gets to somewhere near that quality someday.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Very nice. Can you share how you made your door panels?

Door panels

Jeff,
    Go to TFFN.net ,then to forums, then to interior etc. then to page 3 about 1/3 of the way down and you will see 3 posts by Falconeer. One of the posts has a step by step on how to make custom door panels.

Hope this helps
    Butch Evans (Falconeer)
    Thomasville,NC

This will help very much. I just bought a '63 two door wagon. The body is beautiful and fresh, but the interior needs major work. Since the flavor is already going down the custom path (shaved and metallic green) I don't mind continuing the theme with the rest of the car.

Door panels

Jeff,
    GO FOR IT. Once you have made one door panel and get the hang of it the rest is a piece of cake. The most consuming is drawing out your design and cutting it out of the cardboard. I did 3diff. ones before i was happy with my end results.
    let me know if you need any help.

Butch Evans(Falconeer)
    Thomasville NC

It looks like the raised portions of your design are all covered with the cloth type material. Do you think the Vinyl (Naugahyde) type of imitation leather would stretch enough to give similar results? I can try a sample if you haven't already...

vinyl

Jeff,
    I used Alante^vinyl for my inserts. Its a little softer than regular vinyl. A friend of mine uses nothing but leather in high dollar custom rods.
    Try it and see,it should work.

Butch Evans
    Thomasville NC

Nice work! I have late model buckets, and eventually want to make everything match. I like the door panel design in the roundbody cars much better than my straight, square, plain ones.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Door panels

Sedanman,
    I find the 64-65 door panels easer to design based on the sg. shape. My 62 2dr wagon was a challange. I made 3 diff. designs before i
    was finaly happy with last one.

Butch Evans (Falconeer)