Thread: Wiper Switch???

Wiper Switch???

How do you find a replacement switch?? I have looked in all my books and can't find a replacement for a 63 Ranchero? Anyone have a spare?? That or let me know where to look. Help me Pleeeease.... Thanks in advance.. Steve

I've probably got one for a single speed wiper from my year, but don't know for sure if they're the same. I'm pretty sure if you have a single speed wiper (and electric), they may be the same, but just have a different knob to match the year. I'll have to look for you, but probably can't until tomorrow night after welding up Jeff's seat belt brackets.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

If you're needing to replace it you might consider one with an intermittent option. I don't know the specifics but pbrown put one in his `62. I'll probably do it some day.

Here's a good write-up on the process.

http://www.cometeastcarclub.org/PDFs...ELD_WIPERS.pdf

It's a little work but, if you're up to it, a nice improvement considering the weather around here. If you just ride when it's sunny out it might just be easier to track down a switch.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks guys, appreciate the help. I am not sure if the motor is a single speed or not. It is the original one that is in the 63 Ranchero. I have it hooked up through a toggle swicth now but when you turn it off it stops right where it is at.
    Let me know if you find one Rodger, if not I will look at the intermittent deal. Thanks again Steve.

I'll have a look tonight if I get home early enough.

I have done the intermittent wipers twice now in both of my trucks, but the wiper assy is from a 78-80's truck/Bronco, so it is a direct plug-in swap. No brainer. In the Falcon you can do it if you have the two-speed wiper and I still have one more set-up (I pull them anytime I'm lucky to find them in the Pull-a-Part) and still plan to add this to my wagon at some point. I don't drive the thing in the rain unless I get unlucky one day to get trapped in it, so it's not been a high priority to crawl under that dash and wire it in. The connector is different I'm told, but I'm not 100% sure "how" different it actually is. Will have to look at the link Kenny posted, I guess.

If I find a stock one tonight, I'll shoot a picture of it and post it to see if it matches what you need.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Cool deal thanks again...

I'm doing the intermittent switch on the 65 Ranchero. I will let you know how it goes. Looks pretty straight forward, I got all the parts from a local u pull it for less than $25.

Troy
    The pain is only temporary

Well Steve -- I tore the garage up one side and down the other looking for a switch I was sure I had, but couldn't find it. Must have already sent that off somewhere else. I do that sometimes. I'm sure if I search my posts here I'll find when I did that, but it's one of those things I probably did and didn't commit it to memory.

So... maybe someone else will come up with one. I'll keep my eyes open as I sort through things getting stuff together for the swap meet.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"