Thread: Air Conditioning System

Air Conditioning System

I have a complete air conditoning system...looks all stock with the exception of the compressor that is more modern. It is installed in my 1965 Convertible and I don't plan on using it. While the fan turns on etc and blows air it does need to be recharged....or at least that is what I have been told.
    Personally I don't like the large unit hanging under the dash and since it is a convertible that I will typically only drive locally I don't need or want the air conditioning....so thought I would check with the folks here to see if there is any interest. Since it is installed I would need/like help taking it out for the buyer.
    Price...I really don't know what a fair price is but if the buyer is willing to help take it out the price should be better than normal.
    The unit under the dash is driver quality...and I have not really tried to clean it up....but I'm sure it could be made to look better than it is now.

If anyone is interested let me know...I'm in no hurry as it is not hurting anything just setting there.
    I will attempt to attach pictures but it that doesn't work just email me and I can respond with larger pictures.

thanks
    Hal
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hal,

You should also consider the national newsletter. There is a lot of states where AC would be nice to have. And the most important thing is you having all the bits. You can clean these up and rechrome the rough bits as long as you have them.

It looks to have maybe been converted to R-134 considering it has the newer compressor, but that would be something someone may want to know. R-12 freon, though you can still get in some back-door deals, is obsolete and very expensive.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"