Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falcons on film/tv

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Falcons on film/tv

Hey all, I just thought I'd start a thread on Falcon sightings. So anytime you all see one, post it here.

1) In the movie Silent Hill (1 out of 5 stars, by the way... if that) there was a 4-door round body in less than sad shape shown.

2) Last Sunday on the Amazing Race the contestants were in the Ukraine and had to drive these old Russian made cars and there are the two "Miss Some State" girls competing and one said - "Oh, such cool old retro cars! I used to have a '64 Falcon!"
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

My favorite is in "Walk the Line" when Johnny Cash's drug dealer pulls up in a nice `65 Ranchero.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Sightings in Cars and Ocean's Twelve

We just bought the DVD of Cars, the PIXAR animated movie about Lightning McQueen, a NASCAR stocker on a quest for the "Piston Cup." In the special features, there's a short feature that includes producer/director John Lassiter's trip down Route 66 in his motor home to do research for the movie. As you may have read (Road and Track) he towed along his '62 (I think) Falcon on that trip. You get a really short glimps of it in the piece.

And of course the obvious...
    Brad Pitt drives a '63 convertable in Ocean's Twelve. Unfortunately it gets blown up in the sequel.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Lets not Forget the Falcon in Better Off Dead

Roudy
    Your current state of mind to fix your current problem is not the same as it was when you created it.

If you watch NYPD blue reruns, watch out for a white '63 convertible being towed down the street towards the camera as they either fade out to/fade in from commercials. They don't show it every time but did show it regularly when it was on primetime.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

In the movie That thing You Do there are a few falcons in the Lake Erie scenes. I was Supposed to be that shoot, it was filmed where I used to live in Sothern California but work called me in.

Roudy
    Your current state of mind to fix your current problem is not the same as it was when you created it.

My falcon was filmed in a couple of episodes of a crime show called "Case Closed" in the mid 90's. The show was hosted by Stacy Keach in LA, but the production company I worked for on Mercer Island filmed all of the crime scene re-enactments. One of these days I'll get my VHS tapes transferred to DVD so I can put them online or print out photos. It was also filmed for an episode of "Bill Nye the Science Guy" but got cut before airing.
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Studebakers on Mr. Ed...and a Falcon

We rented a DVD of the first season of Mr. Ed. For you younger folks on the list, Mr. Ed was a TV series about a talking horse (Mr. Ed) that aired back in the early '60's. In the eleventh episode, there is one scene in which Mr. Ed is getting himself a bath at a car wash and you can see a Falcon station wagon parked across the street. This is really quite remarkable since Studebaker sponsored the show, as I recall (dating myself...), and they went to great lengths to display only Studebakers in any of the scenes that included automobiles.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

This is bringing up another memory. I remember seeing an episode of the Andy Grifith show where his aunt pull's up in a '64 convertable - I'm pretty sure it was a sprint and had wire wheel covers. I can't remember for sure if the show was in color or not, but I want to say the car was either champagne (or sometimes called dust rose) or ivy green or gold.
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by MacDee View Post
    We rented a DVD of the first season of Mr. Ed. For you younger folks on the list, Mr. Ed was a TV series about a talking horse (Mr. Ed) that aired back in the early '60's. In the eleventh episode, there is one scene in which Mr. Ed is getting himself a bath at a car wash and you can see a Falcon station wagon parked across the street. This is really quite remarkable since Studebaker sponsored the show, as I recall (dating myself...), and they went to great lengths to display only Studebakers in any of the scenes that included automobiles.
    Mister Ed is one of my favorite shows along with the movie series Francis the Talking Mule!!

I've never seen the episode with the Falcon but I'll keep my eyes out for it :-)

The Absent Minded Professor 1961

In the 1961 movie "The Absent Minded Professor", Fred Macmurray attached "flubber" to his Model T ford and made it fly:

Model T.jpg

But ... I noticed that his "regular" car that was parked outside his garage was a ... 1960 Ford Falcon! Not to detract from Model T's, but he should have attached the flubber to his Falcon!

If I had a Model T, I would drive it to and from work everyday. And I would start it with its hand crank!
    Last edited by ew1usnr; April 28th, 2016 at 08:11 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

I loved that movie.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

A Speeding Falcon

I was watching the Tampa local news this morning and they showed a 1962 or 1963 Falcon being stopped for speeding. It wasn't me!

Police cracking down on excessive speeding at troubled intersection
    114 tickets issued in 3 hours at intersection. Ryan Smith, 11:24 PM, May 17, 2017

See: http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/re...d-intersection

Speeding Falcon.JPG
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Not exactly why you want your Falcon on tv.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

I was watching Wednesdays episode of Jeraco and saw the front end shot of a 63 falcon. It was a close up so I didnt see what body type it was. Al