Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Interior misc paint advice needed

For what it is worth... my brass float cracked and filled with gas. I took it out and soldered it up. Worked fine until I sold the car to Kenny and he put a new tank in. Given a choice I would go with a plastic one.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

It's worth $11! (I'll take it.) I was just looking for the right reason not to spend it on the metal one...plastic has come a long way since '61 and nobody will see it. Thanks Jeff!
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Pretty pink bottom

Just a follow up on all the bottom paint advice I had on this thread (and so you guys know I haven't been totally sitting on my butt since I started this thread) ...I finally got the bottom done.
    I had the one spot that needed to be welded. Pic attached.
    I found a car guy welder refered by my optomitrist who turned out to be quite a hot rod builder...another new friend...he did a great job on this and the couple other things I needed for much less than the cost of a welder, and I got free welding lessons.
    Other than that spot, the actual bottom of the car was pretty good. I completely cleaned all the old undercoating off the fenders and bottom along with some rust cleaning and zinc phosphate treatment where it made sense, and completely scraped and scoured the entire bottom. I treated everything with either the Eastwood Pre or Laquer thinner before painting, and then painted the entire bottom and fenders with the eastwood rust encapsulator, and in the fenders and rear I followed that by the rubberized rust encapsulator, and then switched to the regular. (By the way...I don't recomend the Eastwood rubberized rust encapsulator....impossible to get more than 50% out of a can!) (the regular stuff in the spray cans worked beautiful.)
    Still can't find them, but my abs have to be much improved, but most importantly the bottom and inside of the fenders are now a work of art painted black with a perfect light rubberized texture that seems to be stuck on pretty well. Pic of the font fenders attached.
    For most of the actual underside the primer was on there so good, it didn't make sense to take it off. Pic of the nice pink bottom attached. I'll try to get a pic of the bottom when I get a chance. All the suspension parts are ready. Now...time to get that rear axle back together and get this thing on wheels again!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Nice work Don. Trust me all the hard work will be worth it in the end. I just hope you don't spend five years doing it like I did.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

And don't try to do it in 9 months like I did either.

Find the balance in your universe.

This message brought to you my the world council of Falcons.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"