Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Near Help Near Bremerton

Jeff,
    Good tip.. I didn't even look to see if the shoes were installed corrrectly.. I just looked at condition of parts.. I washed them and readjusted..
    I also packed the wheel bearings.. I notice the right drum was extremely warm while the left drum was cool.. meaning the right side is doing the work..

Roger, I have no idea.. I havent removed the other bows yet.. I read somewhere that the bows are color coded for location on a wagon and its not good to mix them up..

I'll have to see if there is any info on which color I'm missing and what the shape is..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

And I'll look tomorrow to see what colors are on these. They're outside kind-of packed away at the moment...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Nathan,

The two I have are yellow at the ends -- and I didn't take them to the swap meet or see any others while I was there.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

hmm.
    I'll have to check the book, I dont remember seeing yellow listed..

I might have the lead on the header bows and the tailgate window crank parts..

How did the swap meet go?

The car show here was good. Took Penny to her first show she got her first dash plaque. Got lots of comments and I brought 10 rainier falcon club flyers. left them on the window and only came home with two..

Not bad seeing how there was two falcons (Ours) and one ranchero. So there were falcon people out there somewhere..

I'll post pics later this week

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
    How did the swap meet go?
    Nathan
    Well... I now have to figure out what to do with a 2.77 tranny.... again. Got rid of one of those once and it's twin came back!

Anybody need one?

Otherwise, we had a good weekend of it and made a few bucks for the club and met a ton of Falcon people we didn't know. So in all.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Roger,
    Sorry to hear that it didn't sell..

Glad to hear all went well

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

I got the brake pull fixed...

I changed the shoes.. the rears were cracked.. and the fronts were a might as well..
    I turned the drums.. they are all with in specs..
    I changed the front hoses and finally the wheel cylinders and hardware
    I did most of this in steps.

Changed the shoes, hoses, and drum turning in the second attempt at fixing the pull..
    Didn't fix it.
    So next was the wheel cylinders.. re bleed and re adjusted..
    Brake pull gone..

Now i have brake chatter.. step on the brakes and it sounds like someone is locked in the trunk and wants out..

the brake shoes i have available to me aren't the greatest.. though priced right..
    I plan on beveling the leading edge in a tempt to fix it..
    The other problem is finding the correct harware for the early falcons.. the hold down clip isnt available anymore so one has to search for usuable hardware..

I used a mustang kit with hold down pins that someone else had previously installed.. i think the hardware is my biggest problem... allows the shoes to move too much..

I've been driving the snot out of her.. i now have a front shock that is leaky.. so guess what i'm doing for father's day??

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Hey Nathan,

I've got a box of misc. little brake parts. Send me a list and I'll fill it if I can. No charge.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Nathan,

That chatter sounds very odd. All freshly turned drums should be smooth as silk. You sure you don't have something that came off in there and is getting pulverized?

I may have a few brake parts laying around too, but I've worked on so many cars they may or may not be for a Falcon. I do have the entire front brakes removed from when I did the disc conversion.

Find a good parts house and you should be able to ala carte the pieces from looking in the picture pages and finding similar parts that are available
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"