Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Floor pans - Rust

I realized I owe this thread a picture or two. Here it is before the seam sealer and second coat Rust Encapsolater. I have the edead 45 (Dynamat alternative) now installed. I'll get pictures when it warms up again.

I also repaired my horribly cracked steering wheel and fashioned a painting jig. We will see how well it holds up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice floors. That is a big improvement from the last time I saw them.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I never saw it before, but it looks like it should last another 50 years.

I wish I had a way to mass-produce the e-brake pull I did on my wagon. Everytime I see a broken handle I think I should look into that. It wasn't easy to make though, but it will NEVER break.

It looks like summer in those pictures, but I'm sure it was 20 degrees.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Here are pictures from today.

Note the seat belt backing plate mounted inside the frame rail. There was a small slot on the outboard side of the rail under the rear side window. I was able string some MIG wire between the two holes and pull the plate up and secure with the two screws shown. I'll mount the three point retractor to this plate.

I also temporarily repaired the brake handle with Epoxy Putty to keep Roger happy. I'll keep my eyes open for a NOS handle, I have heard the repops do not have the metal core.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good! Now it's getting to the fun part! You get to start putting in the goodies you've been collecting.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks Jeff, I'm happy now. Except it doesn't say Brake now, which has noticeably lowered my enthusiasm.

FWIW, I've replaced a couple of these already on my wagon, another Falcon and that Mustang of my friends. One was a repop for sure and it had the same structure as the original. May have changed on the newest repop's, but I can't imagine they'd make them any weaker than they are. Unless they could make it a buck cheaper and sell it for a buck more. But it took me about 8 hours to make the one I have now, so would not make for a profitable piece. Just don't understand why they don't die-cast it from zinc or aluminum or something.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"