Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Little @ time

Smile Little @ time

Progress has seemed slow, but everything is starting to come together. The shelves of parts are getting emptier every weekend. I am enjoying myself, this project is everything I ever hoped it would be. I am currently waiting on my friends host to put the engine back in. I am having fun!

Guy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now is the perfect time to install and plumb your upgraded Dual Master Cylinder. This is on your list right?

Smile

Thanks for the reply Jeff.

I was planning to install my new master cyclinder and front brake lines today. Sorry to go against the dual cylinder safety push of the club, but I have decided to stick to the original single. I will be replacing all wheel cyclinders, drums, shoes, and spring kits before I take her out.

I got my first call back from my add to start a Falcon Club this morning. It would be great to have some friends to get together with.

I'm going back home to New Orleans this Sunday for my Dad's 80th birthday for about week so my progress will have to stop for a little while. We will pass a good time for sure, he has no clue that I'm coming.

Guy

Guy,

I don’t have a problem with your choice to stay with the original set-up. As long as you are aware that the dual upgrade was an option, I have done my job.

Glad you are minimizing risk by replacing all four wheel cylinders.

Happy 80th to your pop.

Smile

Hey Jeff,

Thanks, I can't wait to see his face when he sees me!!!!!!!!! It feels kind of funny being so jazzed about something at my age. We live about 1450 miles from one another and I only see my folks once a year.

I finished the master cylinder and front brake lines this morning. I think I will be in good shape with all the brake work I am planning.

Have a great day,
    Guy

Smile

I got back from seeing my Dad on his birthday. I took him by suprise. Got my new harmonic balancer painted today and did some much needed yard work. Plan on blasting the new exhaust manifold tommorow.

Watched football most of the day,
    Guy

Smile

Got a few more things done today.

Guy
    Last edited by Guy Monjure; October 24th, 2011 at 07:29 PM.

Nicw work guy
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Smile

Thanks Bill.

I like that color blue, nice 63!

Guy

You're really doing a thorough job! That's gonna be one CLEAN restoration!

When do you hope to get it all together? Ready for a spring show?

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Smile

Red,

Thanks for the encouragement, means alot.

I don't know when I will have it back together in time, but I know it is better not to place a time line on my work. I ready slow up on the install partion because I try not to scratch anything. I worry if I try and hurry I will f^&* things up!

Guy

Guy-

Looking very good.

I agree, if you don't need to rush, don't. Here, in Seattle, it's already getting very cold in our unheated garages (few of us are fortunate to have heat out there) and so our projects naturally go slower this time of the year. Heck even our blood is going slower, I'm sure.

So, what are you using for the gray color on the throttle brackets, etc.?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"