Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics of delivery rear.

Pics of delivery rear.

Roger here are the shots of the back of the delivery. The lights are smaller than the 62-63's. The 60-61's use a 6" light and the 62-63 are closer to 9"?? So I found some 61 assemblies. Now I just need to see if I can incorporate the back-up light into those...
    Attached Images Attached Images

That bodywork looks fine. Slap some paint on there and let's get it on the road.

The opening looks large enough for 62/63 buckets to fit. Only they attach to a sub layer step. Can you lay a 62/63 bucket over the hole and snap a picture?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

If all goes well, it is going to the paint shop next week. Hopefully have it back late Jan early Feb. Then we will have a reassembly party over here.
    NO SAWZALLS, or CUT OFF WHEELS. Just cotton gloves and no buckles!! Can't wait.

I can. I did it last weekend and the bucket sticks out about 1" past the fender?? But I will get one this weekend so you can see. By the way if anyone needs a brand new set of 63 buckets, lenses and gaskets I have them. Got a deal on them and paid $125 for both sides..

Ok here is the 61 fenders on my delivery with the 62 buckets. The 62's are the same size as my 63's.
    The new 61's should be here this week!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Learn something new everyday. So it really does appear they changed the entire radius of the back end in 62, without changing much else.

Thanks for the edjumacation.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

It was an edumacation for me too. I was bummed cause I have those brand new 63 assemblies now.. Oh well lesson learned now I can move on to uuhhhmmm Oh Yeah Body Work.

Well... I'd still like to see a 61 and a 62 car now, side-by-side, to see exactly where they changed things. Clearly it wasn't so different that you could use the 61 body parts on the 62/63 (no sure the year of your S.D.)

I have a set of shallow buckets and lenses (used) for a 63 now too. I'll probably sell them on eBay along with a few other extras when this is all over and done with with. I'll post links here too, when I do. RealSoonNow.

Less body work - satin black.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

When I cut up the 61 wagon for parts, everything matched up perfect on my 63. So I was pretty shocked when the taillights were so different. The drip rails and every thing was dead on. I think 60-61 had smaller taillights and 62-63 used larger ones. 61's have the trim rings but I didn't see them on the 60's. I would like to see them side by side to make sure my self.
    Now I just need to see if I can incorporate the back up light into the 61's???

Maybe take a piece of cardboard and template over the '61 and trim it - then place it over the Ranchero you now have. See what is different.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"