Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics of delivery rear.

When I replaced the rear quarters, I used the whole section from the 61. I used the drip rail and all the way down the tailgate side all the way to the bottom, around the bottom of the fender and up right about where the original lead solder was put to join the panels. I then followed the lower edge of the rear window all the way up to the window opening for the back glass. I think I have some pics of the part I grafted in I'll post it if I find it. I will see if I can compare the 62 to the 61 in the next day or so. Kind of sucks when you have to go to work in the dark and come home in the dark...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will get some more shots tonight. they are at home. For Sale too!!!

I just went back to the other thread and see how you cut the 61 parts out and grafted the original delivery sides onto it. You just followed the radii of the 61 and lost some of the bump-out. Me guesses. Anyway, you are stuck now needing the 61 style buckets. Hope you find some. Oh... Steve who finds every Falcon out there... should be no problem.

There is an ebay reseller (Mom and Pop Falcon... or some such name). Maybe they have some? Falcon Club Newsletter?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    I will get some more shots tonight. they are at home. For Sale too!!!
    I know... that's why I'm ask'n.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I'd make you a smoking deal.... Mom and Pops has some bucket but they are pretty proud of them. They want $40 for a single and $85 for a pair. I found 1 bucket complete for $40 and a spare lens. DVAP has a bunch I just need them to make it right. We will see. If they do great if not never again and I am not shy about letting people know...

I cropped the image you posted of the "shallow 63" bucket and this step I marked is not in a shallow bucket. So I think they are deep. If they are, I will get them from you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

You paid less than $85 from Desert Valley? That's not a bad price if they are good. If they are dinged up, maybe $20 a pair is top-dollar if you just want something to just fill the hole. You want nice and shiny if you can get it and $85 for the pair, if they are nice and shiny... would be fair.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I wish I only paid that. I paid $150 for the pair and they are junk. Not 1 piece is usable!!!
    The one I got for $40 just got here and it is in almost perfect shape. 2 small nicks in the trim ring. Got it off craig's list.
    I will measure the bucket tonight for you. And on a side note I need to fix some front end parts on the 62 V-8 car. Are the upper and lower control arms the same? Need to fix some bad soft parts and ball joints for the alignment. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Are the upper and lower control arms the same? Need to fix some bad soft parts and ball joints for the alignment. Thanks.
    The same as... what? 6 versus V8? 62 Falcon versus 66 Mustang?

As best as I know all 6 cylinder cars of this era used their upper and lower components and most of all V8 versions used theirs. 6's and 8's were not the same parts. Since they didn't have V8 Falcons in 62, and since it sounds like this had the Mustang front-end installed, you should order parts as though it were a Mustang, with the exception of the center-link, which is wider on a Mustang than a Falcon. So you'd want a 65 Falcon center-link.

Don't quote me on that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"