Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rust Repair!

Very nice. We're all waiting to see it outside some other monument somewhere. Maybe the Space Needle!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

It's back! It's back!

I picked up the car from Maaco yesterday and took these pictures this morning.

side view.JPG

Look at my reflection in the hood!
    refelection in hood.JPG

The trunk lid:
    trunk lid.JPG

The hood:
    Front.jpg

Reflection next to hood scoop.
    1-DCP_4880.JPG
    Last edited by ew1usnr; January 18th, 2014 at 09:17 AM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Yippie! That looks great. Fresh paint is one of the most satisfying points of any freshening. Not much else left other than the master cylinder and enjoyment. Congratulations.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Exciting times! Looks like they did a great job. With a fresh paint job you can almost envision what it looked like when they first drove it off the lot.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Wow that is sweet. I know when mine finally got color there was no better feeling in the world. Congrats.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

I think when I got mine running with the fresh engine, it equaled getting the paint on, but it IS great when your plans come together!!! It looks super! Congrats!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Looking forward to long trips.

Thanks, guys!

I went and looked at this car a year and a half ago based on its description of "Road ready and needs nothing".

My brain disconnected from reality when I first saw it. It had been a long, long time since I had gotten excited about any car, but I was like the kid in the movie Christine when he said "Whatever you are asking for her, its not enough".

Well, I got it home and found that it was just plain worn out. Everything had to be replaced or re-done. It had me taking things apart that had me worried that I would never be able to put back together again. It led me to studying carburetor flow volumes, gear ratios, cam shafts, engine weights, compression, torque, horsepower, on and on. It made me understand how the Ford engineers had tried to thread the needle between performance and economy, and why that had caused them to select the particular power train components they did. The original design seemed to me to be perfect, so I tried not to change anything and instead just put everything back the way it was supposed to be.

This car really led me down the rabbit hole over the past year and a half, but it now runs perfectly. Its styling and proportions are (in my opinion) absolutely gorgeous and it is a joy to drive.

1-63 Fords.jpg
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Sounds like love to me❤️!
    IMG_0456cropthumb

That's the problem with those dark black cars. All those reflections when you're trying to take a picture!

Naw... it looks really good. I hope you find it holds up well too. I've seen other Maaco jobs here that have, so I'm sure it will.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"